Scaffolders Required London Area (1 Viewer)

Ply em with plenty of sherberts and change topics frequently & request to bar staff juke box or piped music volume increase

even consider chain smoking cigars and let them know of your bladder reaction problems after liquid intakes

Last edited:
Always preferred to be paid on linear measure, used squares for a fast way of pricing, bearing in mind lift heights.

It is good to see a scaffolding company advertising on the forum, instead of all the agencies we usually attract

Not being rude hear find it hard to believe some scaffs don't no how to work squarage out .20ftx 20 ft =4square. 6 ft high x30 ft long= 1.8 square just a couple of examples if that helps.if you are doing brickie lifts you want paying mtr or ft runs

To be fair Gary, it's really only in london that "squareage" is used as a measure, due to a lot of the street jobs being 3m lifts. "Oop north" they'd say "a 100 ft by 2 lifts or 3 lifts".

Now I'm home I get wrong for using "petrol cutter", "a bit of packin", "pigs ears", "lorry", "turtles", "hemp" and even had a 30 year veteran scaff tell me he had never heard of the term scarff, as in "a nice 2ft scarff"!

It's funny how the same job can have so many different terms for the same thing depending on where in the country you are!

"hemp" ?? that's the one ive wondered about for years , its also funny how the same job can have so wide a difference in pay.

Top Bottom