NEW* Innovations: Say hello to the 21st century Scaffolding Inspectors…

Its a good idea, but surely their pron to damage with other trades using the scaffold. A scaff tag can be replaced if damaged and the insert re-inserted with ease. If this device gets damaged what the cost of repair, you then have to put a normal scaff-tag in its place till its repaired.
You've also got to carry a tablet or phone round with you on site all day, surely a pen is quicker to sign a tag, compared to uploading the info then updating it, im sorry but i bet i could update a tag by pen quicker than by phone. Again its a good idea but it seems to expensive to have on sites.

This device is not balls it's the nuts does handover no paperwork, Artel have been trialling it for months works well and clients love it. Also sorts out all the hire disputes, cheaper than tag in the long run.

Seems a good idea in theory, any scaff that wanted to fuk it up just needs to run a strong magnet over it, if only we carried one of them :bigsmile:

Its a good idea, but surely their pron to damage with other trades using the scaffold. A scaff tag can be replaced if damaged and the insert re-inserted with ease. If this device gets damaged what the cost of repair, you then have to put a normal scaff-tag in its place till its repaired.
You've also got to carry a tablet or phone round with you on site all day, surely a pen is quicker to sign a tag, compared to uploading the info then updating it, im sorry but i bet i could update a tag by pen quicker than by phone. Again its a good idea but it seems to expensive to have on sites.

Thanks for you feedback.

SafeTime® devices have been used on over 30 projects over the past 3 months. The only damage that has occurred is the malicious type (2 devices) where somebody decided to take a hammer to them!!! No different to when someone decides to throw a normal scaffold tag off of the scaffold. SafeTime® has been designed with normal users in mind, 99% of people have a mobile phone on them all the time! You can't say the same about carrying a pen around with you!!!

The pen may be quicker in the first instance, but don't forget that the paperwork back at the office still needs to be filled in. With SafeTime® its all completed in the same operation, which makes it quicker in the long run :cheesy:

With regards to costs a normal Scaffolding Tag costs on average £6.00, which gives you 12 inspections. SafeTime® costs £12.95 for unlimited inspections!!! Theres no comparison.

Hope the above helps. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Seems a good idea in theory, any scaff that wanted to fuk it up just needs to run a strong magnet over it, if only we carried one of them :bigsmile:

Thanks for you input, we are always looking at ways of testing our device in real life conditions. Although the situation is a little extreme we carried out the test anyway. We are please to announce that the SafeTime® device suffered zero effects. It still works 100% :bigsmile:

we have over 500 scaffolds in place here & counting, not cheap & i guess you need a decent 3G connection to upload the info into the cloud, will they survive in a marine climate & all scaffolds here need to be category 5 cyclone ready, wouldn't like to have to replace 500 units, happy to test them though if you want to send out some?

Welcome to the Scaffolders Forum Safetime. It is good to obtain information on new products and practices from the "horses mouth"

If it's feedback your after,your in the right place

I had not heard of your system until this thread was opened
Is it a fully comprehensive Inspection system ? or just a recording and storage of inspections in an electronic form ? how many backups are stored and where ? What are the rental/on-going charges ?

The tagging of scaffolds in the UK is not a legal requirement

Though your on site 7 day "Scaffold Inspection Register" is mandatory

Is a scaffold register in electronic format exceptable to the HSE and other intrested parties, as it is not strictly on site and available for operatives and others to read/check ?

Please do not just post to this thread, wander round the site and add your two-pennorth where you feel fit

Top Bottom