Umbrella Companies (1 Viewer)

Renegade

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a reasonable umbrella company to use that:

1. Processes your expenses in a timely and accurate manner.
2. Are contactable and helpful when you have a query.
3. Forward your payslip on time.

I am not expecting Fairgate to be amongst any replies.

Payco - I have used for 4-5 months they have never once messed up expenses or hours for men, and were recommended to us by scaffolders who have been with them before.

Best person there to speak to in customer service is Zara, she is excellent at her job and takes care of any issues/requests in minutes.

I have used paymatters, advanced contracting and a few other but Payco stand head and shoulders above and the men on my sites have said they are always spot on if they need to ring them.

the best umbarella company to use is NONE they take a fee for doing your wages that should be done for you by the company you work for,its a fcuking scam mate sorry i couldnt be more helpful but this is the truth.

I can only say that we use them and they are good...I dont see how its a scam though? Umbrella companies are just accountants, if you were PAYE (direct from the employer) you would only take home 73% ish of the gross pay you get, if you self employed and get paid via UTR you have to then pay an accountant to do your taxes at the end of year....Umbrella fees are around 45pmth to the contractor - so call it 600quid a year....

How many accountants will do a years worth of reclaims and tax with no reciepts for 600?? I dont know for sure but i think its not many at all.

Im no advocate for these people but common sense tells me that someone is always making money off a mans wages..either the tax man or an accountant so it cant be avoided either way...question is do you want HMRC to have more or pay third party so you get more yourself (even if they take a bit for helping you do that??)

******* leeches
You have to pay to get you're wages?
And you ask which is the best
Ffs
You find this acceptable?

its a scam ok just like the lying cheating agencies that constantly use and lie to scaffolders day in day out check the posts on here(there are many).the quicker we get back to books in employment the quicker we can get rid of the leeching lying agencies and their cohort payroll companies.i know many lads who pay an accountant £200 a year so your 6ton estimate seems to be a rip off too.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

******* leeches
You have to pay to get you're wages?
And you ask which is the best
Ffs
You find this acceptable?

spot on gov,get shot of the lot of them.

So they find you work
And don't even have to pay you?
You pay someone else to pay you?
That's ******* extortion
And scaffolders used to be such a noble breed

If you work for an agency on a self employed basis and have a verified UTR no. why do you need to go through an umbrella company?
Will someone explain please?

Gary, the boys are right umbrella companies are leeches. No good to the self employed whatsoever.

Well said swiftly
It's so the agencies can swerve any legal responsibilities to the men
Low life's

And make more money out of grafters, while they sit on there fat backsides pressing buttons on a fecking keyboard.

It won't change all the time people happily work for them
It's a double edged sword as some people have no choice
Agencies
Like kebab shop owners plying kids with vodka
Then screwing them

Top Bottom