London bridge!!!!!

mightymouse

Reaction score
Would just like to warn the lads, not to go on this job.
After 12 weeks you will get finished as after that time, BCL must take you on the books, it's the 3rd time now they have finished most of the lads, and got new lads in.

Biggest loophole in the industry, this type of employment was put through law as this was one of its pillars of fairness, what do they do just lay you off....should be tied in to the length of the job, shame this agency and the cretins running it, disgraceful way to line the directors pockets :mad:

Last edited:
I know lads are desperate for work. Buy to keep being treated like this is complete bolloox and daylight robbery

Would just like to warn the lads, not to go on this job.
After 12 weeks you will get finished as after that time, BCL must take you on the books, it's the 3rd time now they have finished most of the lads, and got new lads in.

Aint they sh-ite to work for anyway?

Yes mate, after your 12 weeks that's it, your gone, it's a fecking disgrace, 3 of my mates just got finished, bang on their 12th week, and 2 more the time before that, they said total for both times around 35 men have been layed off, only for newer to start on the Monday, so it had nothing to do with lack of work

Might have to run it by admin mate but get the agency and the names of the blokes running it up on here, googles a great thing so im sure the blokes could find out there details and ask em why face to face !

Happy xmas to the kunts behind this you rats !

JB this is surely the things that I have predicted and will still voice my opinion over agencies they may be disgruntled peoples of opinion for what I have said but I stand by what I believe and nobody will stop me the simple fact of the matter is this is truly a loophole in employment rights and I know that with Christmas coming up men need mouths to feed the unions sit on there back side and don't give a to55 and i don't know the solution but all I can say is to men if you feed the pig it will get fatter and greedier starve the pig it will die it as to come to an end, perhaps if the men get together and we all join one union we may stop this perhaps we could start a thread poll on here spread the word and we have one union we will rattle the very ground we walk on personally if every scaffolder was in one union this would give us a very clear direction that we will not be milked by middle men and put an end to this farce

A few very admirable blokes with the right reasons and intentions tried that recently with the sccr, they have just closed its doors through lack of support for what you're calling for now mate, people that started the early forum have walked away because of the apathy towards getting something done.....im a different mindset were I believe just this forum could change things on its own, media is the most powerful tool in the world and maybe just info or knowledge on here could do that....a tunisian market seller started the arab spring maybe steel city cowboy could bring down the agencies, anythings possible mate :idea:

All scaffs in one union ? Great idea but sadly will never happen.I have been in the union since I was old enough to join.Back in the 70's it was the only way you could get on most sites.Sadly most scaffs couldn't be arsed about unions or sticking together.Seem to recall scaffs in Ireland going on mass strike for higher rates and getting them.Never happen in UK To many Blue Book diehards (you know all family and friends)getting boss money just for having the right mates.

Agree with you 1969scaff.When I started in 1974 the scaffs I worked with suggested to a few of there mates,that scaffolders needed their own union,steel erectors were heading that way then.He was willing to stand as a rep for them and get things going.He said then we,d get left behind.Almost all of them declined.Back then though,work was plentiful,start at 8am with one company,and if the prices were no good start somewhere else at 9.What a piece of foresight.

Just an idea for all the guys in work. Every time an agency rings you or contacts you with a job opportunity, tell them that you can start soon as but then you don't turn up! If this keeps happening & no one turns up then the client aren't going to be so keen to use the agency's

Excellent points gents.
One thought on this, when Palmers had London Bridge, Network Rail weren't happy with the affiliation Tecsource had.
As with most large contracts with simular industrial commercial employers, There are rules.
Those of us in unions can lobby members and reps to write to senior staff, and likewise your Mps eg the minister for Employment.
Not saying it would stop the practise, but anyone willing to start a petition (e petition?) after some research would be good step.
Admin?
New forum section?

I'm on this job for BCL, if your any good after 12 weeks they keep you on, if you have bad time keeping or attendance or useless then they run you. Simple.

Could name five blokes on here who are good scaffs who have all suffered the same fate on this job, believe me these decent hard working fellow scaffs got fuked off for the reason of not paying the holiday pay etc, that old chestnut of they werent any good....come on lad open your eyes on that job and smell the bacon, hope lads im talking about pipe up and people who then see the quality scaffs being binned for profits !:mad:

Fecking agency leaches. I've never used an agency and fecking hope i never will. The wsy they treat lads i wouldn't treat a dying dog like it.

There is 1 agency that stands head & shoulders above the rest, without a doubt.
They are called ASH. So so much better than any other.

Scaface dont delete your posts after the fact mate, for one I would hate to think you feel shouted down and secondly it doesnt keep everything real, one day we will bump heads the next back each other to the hilt,your opinions as valid as anyones especially mine ;)

Top Bottom