Altrad buying George Roberts (1 Viewer)

Good or bad move for the Industry?

We spend thousands with George Roberts and get a fantastic service.

Hope things don't alter too much :-(

Altrad in closing stages of deal to purchase George Roberts ScaffMag - The Scaffolding Magazine - ScaffMag – The Scaffolding Magazine

Altrad are systematically monopolising the UK scaffolding market. First beaver, then generation, then trad and now this mob which, admittedly I've never heard of (presumably it's an English firm?). David Cameron will be inviting them round for a photocall next.:noworry:

There a big scaffold supplier and hirer from liverpool i think SD. How many others are going to bow down to these. Are they in cahoots with the nasc eh, get all the big players under 1 name and then start getting rid of the small fish that wont conform to their working meathods .

Ask the Layher King when he will be changing his name to Altrad King, A King or possibly just Ring King!

Altrads buying up the big Layher seller/users,

Next off the rank

Tone
Modex

And maybe back to Deborahs for tea?:idea:

George is the biggest independent supplier in uk and I think europe mate, he got into china and india twenty years ago, shame if altrad is monopolising the supply,maybe the nasc wanting system everywhere and altrad buying the yards up will send conspiracists into overdrive ;)

bad move i think with the prices because there will be no compertition for prices. so Altrad can charge what they like and the companies will have to pay because there is no where left to get gear from.

I hope George gets what he wants,genuinley nice fella who runs a great outfit with the added bonus of the personal touch,which will be lost when the deals gone through,definately a loss to the boys on the ground:sad2:

Absolutely bf, his mantra go big or go home....his advice to me years ago was better to be twenty grand in debt to me than two,many an outfit in the northwest started with georges help !

Last edited:
Keep fighting the good fight mate, tell scott in hire he owes me a belt for work passed his way ;)

it would seem that Binthere and i will do joebag although will he know you as joebag?

GETTING INTO CHINA AND INDIA is that a good cv
not good for british scaffolding the gear is SHIIT and will cause MAJOR COLLAPSES and incidents
BUY BRITISH CUPLOCK AND RMD KWIKFORM were BRITISH MADE;)

Prescos were the first to go off the reservation, the rest of the companies had no choice but to follow once the Walsall mob had gone to China.

Happy ,britains on its arse mate because of the white British establishment, from union bashing to taking the regulations of city bankers ,the white ruling class of this country has raped its fellow white working man of everything via taxes, remortgages ,debt laiden credit cards , tax laden fuels and power the list goes on and on.....

What do people look for ...scapegoats !!!!!
Whos the scapegoats. ....immigrants !!!!!!
Why ??????

Because its convenient that in hard time the media owned and influenced by big business and politicians want to keep earning huge amounts from directorships and share options !

There was a study by a usa think tank that showed that immigrants basically put back into the country what they take out via living costs etc...

What immigrants have took out of this countrys gdp in the last ten years is less than 0.01% of what the bankers via mps took off us in a day !!!!

Your helping the real enemy ie the capitalists by believing there smokescreen of immigration, the money that makes this country poor and that fuks the working class over lines the pockets of rich white men, not brown black or any other colour......take up the real fight with that passion you have mate as the real enemy is hidden in plain sight, hope you take this with the respect meant ;)

joebag always take your posts in the spirit they are meant
i had a wee bit of business with george roberts well tryed to while in Saudi but the Arabs wanted to use their own suppliers.The feedback and service i got from was second to none.The shiite we had to deal with in Saudi was laughable.
We tryed to order a load of belts and spanners,Harness and lanyards,Gotchas and last but not least soft landing bags.The guy the Saudis wanted to use brought in Crap shiity belts and spanners etc then he showed us the soft landing bags which were AIR BEDS I PISSED NY SELF LAUGHING and told him to beat it;)

PS I WAS MINGING WHEN I POSTED LAST NIGHT APOLOGIES GEORGE AND JOE

Prescos were the first to go off the reservation, the rest of the companies had no choice but to follow once the Walsall mob had gone to China.
Just to correct this, Presco were actually the LAST to go to China and almost went out of business trying to compete against cheap imports while making product in the UK.

There a company from Wolverhampton who now make lawn mower blades that may disagree with Mr Quinn

Burtons a proper fitting manufacturer, an original design company destroyed by Presco.

Top Bottom