ScaffoldersForum An Opportunity Missed (1 Viewer)

Rigger

Reaction score
ScaffoldersForum An Opportunity Missed

I have sat on my backside for the past six month and watched this Forum go from bad to worse. I visit on a regular basis in the hope that I may learn something useful or be able to assist a fellow member. I seldom post as I choose not to take part in personnel slanging matches, Muslim bashing, and immigration into the UK.I would post if it was to a constructive debate on the aforesaid subjects and many more. But most threads go about three or four post’s then one of our resident “comics” takes it off topic and then a couple of other “comics” come in with their banal comment’s. These members should seriously consider joining “Twitter” or another web-site where the one liner rules and idiots abound

When I first joined it was a vibrant and humorous collection of members with people like Paddy Carr, Gary Adams, Ragscaff, AOM, Charlie, Tinheads, Allan 666, and many many others I cannot recall at present, my apologies to you all. You have all educated and given me many a laugh. There was a genuine concern for the well-being of other members and most would help if possible with their troubles or concerns. The humour was honest and open, not the cynical, I know more than you, put down, infantile humour that now prevails on the Forum

This Forum was read by many employers in the Construction Industry, and could have been a voice for the many scaffolders that are getting a raw deal in the scaffolding sector, also to praise the good employers and decent Companies. In the past problems and short payments have been rectified with the publicity on this Forum. I doubt many employers would be interested in the ramblings of the Forum of late

Does anyone else think the same?

Or are you happy with the present content of the Forum?

It's a scaffolder's forum not an employer's forum.
Most topics have been exhausted, when someone wants information there is a good chance it's already on here and that is what the search facility is for. If a new member asks a question he usually gets the answer he needs.

As for the muslim bashing and immigration topics they are subjects that affect every one of us, so why not discuss them in the pub section?

Last edited:
I for one have found this forum of great intrest and very helpful. I've made some great friends and associates and long may that continue. I understand where rigger is coming from, no im not a comic but i do like to put my half hearted comments in when needed.
Long may the forum continue.

I agree it was an opportunity missed but on an open forum everyone is entitled to post as they like. I think that word/song/penguin association is the biggest load of pish going but each to their own.
Stewart getting the ECITB ticket extended for one year was a massive victory and showed what could have been done if things had clicked into place.
If anyone wants to argue I will be in the Flying Scotsman ready to nip to Kings Cross.

I think mr rigger got out of the wrong side of the bed this morn, either that or he got knocked back by the missus last night...lol
Cheer up rigger...its nearly the weekend

I enjoy a bit of banter,but I've got to agree with rigger on this one,all them stupid word association threads do my head in,as does the racism and immigration threads,all serious topics of course,but relentlessly??come on,i think the absence of some of the most knowledgable posters speaks volumes.

Maybe you're right BF but there is only so much you can discuss about scaffolding before we start going over old ground.
Take away the jobs and the daft association threads what's left?
Any post is better than no post surely?

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Thread Replies
Old Word Association 25309
Old Song association 4990
Old Word Association 2503
Old Czy tu jeszcze... 1187
Old Ecitb scaffs tkt 1167
Old Joke Of The Day 1075
Old offshore work?? 980
Old Word Association 480
Old Part 1 no... 427
Old Safelinx Board... 387
Old Sccr 368
Old quality scaffs... 358
Old Algeria... The... 358
Old Englands first... 354
Old Who Do You... 338

There are the 10 most replied threads, only 4 are really scaffold related.

i enjoy the forum and should you ever ask a question it is answered, i first came across this forum as a scaffolding company quite by accident when i typed a question into Google and stayed with it. i imaging building company's that are out there big or small will have questions they will ask on Google that will bring them to the site its not all awash with stupidity as this post shows debates are there and if we have something on our mind we can ask, slightly differing i have been able to access members via private message on certain topics rather than use a public arena for what ever reason and again this has helped me and no doubt many others i also get the gist of the problems that others may face scaffolders or scaffold company's and often talk with staff on those subjects so to all out there posting silly or serious issues long let the forum reign

We did have a guy that put links to videos of his work on here as well as other scaffold related links, but the s.hit that he had, caused him to leave the Forum.
Our loss not his.

Last edited:
If there was a subscription and people had to pay for this site then I would agree. But we don't and as Swifty said it's an open form and most subjects have been done to death. As for our movie producer being hounded away from here, he shouldn't go sending threatening emails/ private messages to all and sundry and he'd probably still be here.

problem is 1980 if mr rigger feels that the forum is turning into an all out debacle then don't log on but in his respect there are certain things that do need addressing but if he feels its a shambles that's his prerogative I personally think its the dogs danglys but when there is a serious side for help for scaffs an employers there are plenty of men to step up to the mark to help anyone I like the witty banter but can lay my professionalism on the line on a morte serious side long live the forum scc

Its a bit like that Rigger,the forum does what its supposed to. Generates info advice and help,banter etc Swiftys right ,most topics been exhausted so repeats come in regularly. Still, a decent thread showing the different and well considered points. I met 4 scaffs off the forum, it was a marvelous moment for me,it was like we had always known each other and hit it off straight away. Drinks jokes and banter from the off,a tiny bit about scaffolding a bit of a flirtation going on with some luvly wimmen finishing with a near dust up,getting lost in my home town.:embarrest:
An involvement with a group of men attempting to get a better deal for all scaffs.
Take it or leave it.Ive enjoyed the forum since being on it. Might meet you for drink one day Rigger.:cool:

Top Bottom