ScaffoldersForum An Opportunity Missed

Over the years, i have seen scaffs go from big strong hardworking men to slimey weaslefaced shadows of their former selves.
Evolved into a bunch of gossip mongering old ladies.

Are they going to come here to this site and compliment it eh?
Nope, i cant see that.

the passions gone as with the hard working men reason!!the games turned into a joke the payes dropped by half and the these new regulations have turned scaffolders into fairys you cant fart without someone on your back its a means to a end these days

A big thank you again, to those that have stood up and supported my original post. It is nice to know that others take the content of this Forum and its potential power within our Industry seriously.

Swifty……..I suggest you read my post’s, not just skim through them, before you enlighten us with your opinion

Extract from original post rigger…

“This Forum was read by many employers in the Construction Industry, and could have been a voice for the many scaffolders that are getting a raw deal in the scaffolding sector, also to praise the good employers and decent Companies. In the past problems and short payments have been rectified with the publicity on this Forum. I doubt many employers would be interested in the ramblings of the Forum of late”

Swifty replies…

“It's a scaffolder's forum not an employer's forum.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is the whole point, of why I opened the whole debate in the first place it is THE Scaffolders Forum,

But many others read and take note of issues raised on it. We as a Forum can bring pressure on the “big boys” of our Industry; we can be effective in raising issues with them, we can help small scaffolding outfits with practical help and advice.

BUT we can only do this if we are perceived as a voice of the scaffolders in the UK, conduct ourselves in a professional manner when debating the issues raised and show our in-depth knowledge of the subject

The front page should be for scaffolding related matters

RESPECT should be shown to the lads that start the threads if you cannot post a constructive comment, whether in favour or against the post please desist from posting at all.

This is my beef, the “comics” are ruining any chance of a meaningful debate on here and the members with real knowledge of the subject do not post. Or in many cases leave the Forum altogether.

I and others would love to hear from some of our past members that stopped posting as to the reasons why, preferable in this thread or PM me.

Note to the “comics”

We have a pub section where “anything” goes I humbly request you start your banal, insulting, back biting, and trouble causing threads there,

that is if your egos will let you.:sick:

Show RESPECT to the members on the front page

Last edited:
Im afraid apathy reigns at the moment rigger, however admirable your feelings are im afraid it just wont happen by pure frustration, I feel for the blokes who put their heart and soul into the sccr but the country as a whole doesnt give a fuk mate, people just take and take here and dont have a spine, I hope you do contribute along with others who have not been on lately and find a way to seperate the wheat from the chaff, ive always said you can take the great out of britain at the moment as your generations backbone and brotherhood just doesnt exist anymore, brits think we are better than everywhere else but until people live in other countries they really dont realise how bad a place and pathetic a people we have become, I will contribute what I think are worthwhile threads but I do reserve the right to take the p1ss out of anyone, I hope your frustration will be shortlived but one thing a younger pup can maybe contribute to an old dog, dont give up ;)

It is actually easy to select the correct page on which to start a thread. I try to put new threads into the correct boxes. I admit to slipping up with the Hitler series and I put those in the main forum as my over inflated ego thought they may be wasted elsewhere.
As for amusing comments there is a place for them everywhere from serious meetings, the Houses of Parliament etc. Even surgeons make amusing comments during life saving operations.

I make amusing comments whilst giving the missus a good seeing to. But i've never once been told i've put it in the wrong place.....lol lol

Top Bottom