Ladder bay.

Stop end??????

I still go on jobs where they don't put them in!!!!!

Fu(king lazy tw@ts

it is mate were on about the width its easy access for lets say the average built man in which nasc recommend but lets say you have a man at 18 stone plus then for him its too small then he can make a request to the site agent for an alternative solution and by law the site agent must react and put a safe system of access in place for that individual person or persons an lets face it people are getting taller and wider lets say you had 3 roofers all 3 of them standing 6ft 9 would you put them a standard class c handrail or class b or even a its not just about the slope of the roof that governs heights in handrail its also about the people working on the job hence the terminology no max height on handrails this also can be for access to scaffolds

I always thought it was " as small as is practical " tell the fat ar se brickie to loose some

Not sure of the actual words off the top of my head I think it is tg20:08 12.2 relating to ladder access this will give you the relevant information. I will have a look upon return to my office which won't be until tomorrow.
My guess is it says 450 minimum measured across the platform width and 600 in length and I believe it reads as this dimension that should be as small as practicable
that said I recall that SG25gives similar information but refers to the opening being as small as practicable.

Regards
Alan

Last edited:
cant be more than 2 boards, as the trap doors we use would swing if we give them 3 boards.

It is a min of 450mm but a common mistake is when you put the opening on the outside, because the toeboard will reduce the opening and thats the reason we had complaints on a few jobs. All we done was to move the opening in by 1 board which made sure we had the min 450mm however that was on a access tower which made it possible and not a working platform..

No lol with you saying that you just started Ina willmot Dixon site, I had a phone call the other day to start on one, thought you must have started in there lol

Top Bottom