HSE have revealed that more than 1,100 construction sites have failed safety checks d

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER

Reaction score
HSE INITIATIVE REVEALS AN ALARMING NUMBER OF UNSAFE PRACTICES The HSE have revealed that more than 1,100 construction sites have failed safety checks during the September-long enforcement initiative. A staggering 539 sites were found to have practices so bad that prohibition notices were served and 414 were issued with improvement notices. The picture below is just one example of the lengths that some will go to in order to avoid doing things the right way. The full story is available at the HSE's website. More than 1,100 construction sites fail safety checks – Media centre - HSE

1383974_667559726596208_127289794_n.jpg

in the past few months every site ive been on would fail. lots of sites now run without a man in attendance ,the barratts and wimpeys and so on and scaff comps have been helped by brickies and labs having their hop up card. one of these sites had an accident and the brickies still blamed the scaffs when their was none. thanks nasc for killing jobs and maybe people as well.

Couldn't agree more.To many trades doing our job. On a site guys doing edge protection,all tube and fittings,not scaffs but done a course to do handrails? So still scaffolding but with no card.They also put up a system staircase access,again no card but had been on a course!!Laughable thing was they put the stairs up out of a scissor lift!! This was on a Vinci job where you get red carded for not wearing safety glasses,a fuccin joke.The cheeky basturds even asked us if they where putting it up right.There seems to be a deliberate attempt to take more and more jobs of scaffs.How many other trades would put up with someone doing their work?

I can use a hammer and a nailgun, it deosn't mean i can put up a fuucking roof truss, i can lay bricks but it deosn't make me a brickie. So where do these nitwits get off at thinking i can use a spanner so im a scaffolder....no your not a fuucking scaff you are what your holding in your hand....a fuucking spanner.

We had to strike about 200m of handrail because it was going to go into extra hire while the asphalters where still working on the roof and the chippies put a timber handrail up in the areas the roofers where working on and will move it around HSE when it suits

Top Bottom