Health and Safety (1 Viewer)

JBS SCAFFOLDING

Reaction score
I have tried everything to get the HSE to spend some time in Blackburn I have even offered to pay for their time BUT they have told me they are re active NOT pro active !!!!! what a joke. We have to wait for a death or serious injury before we get Blackburn flooded with Health and safety officers. We are full of tranny van cowboys and the the quality of scaffolding in and around Blackburn is rubbish. They are charging as little as £ 100 for 5.5m x 3 lifts PATHETIC

They are not pro-active !!
i was under the impression that due to cutbacks they were all meant to be out actively looking for spot fines etc
my own personal pet hate is the roofers and general builders throwing up their own shiit why no legislation forced on them:mad:

Your right but we are easy targets since NASC and CISRS p..iss in same pot and use us to generate money and not improve the industry in the slightest.

my biggest gripe is so called firms doing house fronts for £100

mind you at them prices i could sub a lot of work out to them ,
they use their gear ,their lorrys, their labour , and i make a nice profit :D

Base pads no plates, no braces in top lift, single handrails, no end toe boards but loads of transforms in top lift because the boards are split and cracked and that's just 1 job we looked at last week. We sent pictures to HSE. The jobs still up and nothing has been done

Base pads no plates, no braces in top lift, single handrails, no end toe boards but loads of transforms in top lift because the boards are split and cracked and that's just 1 job we looked at last week. We sent pictures to HSE. The jobs still up and nothing has been done

Why do you feel it's your job to go round photographing and inspecting scaffolds that is none of your business?You are acting like a mafia trying to put everyone out of work so you can take everything.

Why do you feel it's your job to go round photographing and inspecting scaffolds that is none of your business?You are acting like a mafia trying to put everyone out of work so you can take everything.
Because it's killing the industry...

Fred You Are Dead Right As Usual, The So Called Trade Bodies Are Killing Our Industry, It Really Is Getting Beyond A Joke, A Couple Of Blokes On A Stewart Milne Site Got Red Carded Last Week For Walking Across The Car Park With No Hard Hat On, What The Fekk Is The Matter With These People?

Fred You Are Dead Right As Usual, The So Called Trade Bodies Are Killing Our Industry, It Really Is Getting Beyond A Joke, A Couple Of Blokes On A Stewart Milne Site Got Red Carded Last Week For Walking Across The Car Park With No Hard Hat On, What The Fekk Is The Matter With These People?

I don't think you can blame the NASC for that one. That sounds like pure stupidity from Clipboard Cliff and his gang.
We've all met them, they go through your approved RAMS with a fine toothcomb, ask you stupid questions to confirm their stupidity and then look for problems that don't exist.
Most MC's own a few of these.

why is it acceptable for a scaff to back stab another scaff and call the hse etc but on another thread a fella phoning the hse for roofers working on a roof above a high street with not accsess or fall prevention was grassing the industrys getting fooked by our own i my opinion

I thought it was cheap foreign labour that was to blame? Oh and the Muslims of course

And NASC of course I've heard the SA are going to get the USA to put an invasion force together if any more h&s courses are invented. The industry apparently is fooked so I'm not expecting to see any scaff wagons on the road tomorrow apart from Phil's of course :)

Just a quick reply to Yorkshire Lee. At the end of the day its down to all of us to get rid of these cowboys if we don't our industry will lip and slide down hill just like the prices they drive down daily. These so called scaffolders are the reason the HSE never leave scaffolders alone.

Apparently the HSE cant be arsed investigating ?
was that not already stated
THE GAMES fecked not by fly by night so called cowboy companies BUT by the so called MCs etc who push prices down but on paper kid on they demand the best quality and standards.
Thye are good at RED card and other shiit but not so keen when the jobs running behind and its pisshing down or blowing a hooly as they say in these parts.;)

Ha! I remember my first drink, eh yorkie?
Yorkshire born, yorkshire bred, thick as a loaf of bread is the timeless old saying eh?

Its bang on the money what the other lad is saying mind you. More doyles bashing up house fronts, lessens the amount we make.
The whole game needs an overhaul, before i get too old to care! ha!

This industry like any other has had so called 'cowboys' in it ever since it started.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

Ha! I remember my first drink, eh yorkie?
Yorkshire born, yorkshire bred, thick as a loaf of bread is the timeless old saying eh?

Its bang on the money what the other lad is saying mind you. More doyles bashing up house fronts, lessens the amount we make.
The whole game needs an overhaul, before i get too old to care! ha!

Isn't the correct saying "Yorkshire born, Yorkshire bred. Strong in arm and thick in head"? All genuine northerners know that.

Top Bottom