Now we need a new ticket!!! (1 Viewer)

mightymouse

Reaction score
I've just been told by NASC & CISRS,
As of 31st December 2014, no matter what CISRS card we hold,
We are gonna have to go do a Scaffold inspection course in order to sign off on completion and the 7 day inspection of scaffolds.
Money grabbing w@nkers

They have been at us for years saying your inspectors need third party certificates.
We point out in our global contract we erect and dismantle sgb scaffolds and inspect if necessary sgb scaffolds only.
Our guys receive sgb certificate issued by us which have the full histogram of each individual which at the moment ranges from 6 weeks to 30 + years.
If they want 3rd party inspectors they must be prepared to pay for the service and not expect freebies we dont work on fish market terms.

if no one goes on them,then what are they going to do,shut all the jobs down,at this rate.a lot of spanners will be getting hung up.

Just another way to make some money for nothing!

What will happen with all the NON Scaffolders that are allowed to sign off and do 7 day inspections AH thats right they are CISRS Approved already:mad:
BUT as we all know already NASC isnt Law and TGs are only guidelines

What will happen with all the NON Scaffolders that are allowed to sign off and do 7 day inspections AH thats right they are CISRS Approved already:mad:
BUT as we all know already NASC isnt Law and TGs are only guidelines

mc are allways gonna follow the nasc and the hse. then if you refuse to have the ticket there gonna find some firm that has

HSE has no bearing although they have been manipulated into beleiving that NASC is best practice PHILLIO and a few others are outwith the great scam could argue that case.
I do know what you mean there tho marra,but it dont make it right;)

What a joke !!!! Does any other trade have this nonsense and don't we have enough to do ?. Training from start to finish and now we are hammered with bullsh/t why bother paying for training we should just wait for each NEW idea dreamt up by NASC who we all know are holding hands with HSE and rolling out these so called improvements which only cost us time and money. What a joke.........

As I understand it you only have to be compedant to scaffold as far as the law goes.

If something goes wrong & it goes legal then you would need to prove best practice training etc. If you have good in house records then you are doing what you need to do.

CISRS is accepted as an industry standard due to so many main contractors wanting it, not scaffold firms!!

Supply & demand, more move away from CISRS, less choice to the main contractor then we may get a level playing field again!!

I have been scaffolding 30 years & will not be doing an inspection course:D

Ragscaff

the thing is stuart marra the problem need sorting from the root and the feking roots of this problem are like knott weed and the knott weed is the nasc and cisrs, we could try boycotting this but some were down the line the mc and any 1 eles that requires scaffolding some were in there insurance will say qualified scaffolder and if there is an accident it then put the mc in a bad possition due to not having the carded men the insurance supplies needed a bit like driving with out a licence. but your right its not the scaff firms that want it like you say its ever 1 eles

Its all about making money. More they make, more they want.

I have come across and dealt with the 3rd party inspection thing many times in the past.

1) If 3rd party is not in the scaffold spec I do not price for it.
2) I do not offer the service as part of my quote.
3) If it is requested I exclude it.
4) If a customer requests 3rd party after I have erected I remind him it is not allowed for in my quote but that he should feel free to employ a 3rd party checker should he feel the need to do so.

This will of course require that you build a quality scaffold to avoid the obvious which is ok for me as I want to build quality scaffolds.

However, it is easy to be bullied into providing third party checks as part of the standard way of doing business so consider the following argument with your customer, if I pay someone to do a third party check on my scaffolds is he independant or is he an employee?

regards
Alan

PS I remember when tagging started the erector was not allowed to sign off his own work and had to get another scaff to sign it off!!

Last edited:
As I understand it you only have to be compedant to scaffold as far as the law goes.

If something goes wrong & it goes legal then you would need to prove best practice training etc. If you have good in house records then you are doing what you need to do.

CISRS is accepted as an industry standard due to so many main contractors wanting it, not scaffold firms!!

Supply & demand, more move away from CISRS, less choice to the main contractor then we may get a level playing field again!!

I have been scaffolding 30 years & will not be doing an inspection course:D

Ragscaff

You may have been scaffolding 30 years, but you still haven't got a clue how the industry works.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

Its all about making money. More they make, more they want.

It's called human nature.

Fact is, your little northern mate is talking nonsense.

Who's talking nonsense? Ive seen your last dozen or so posts lad, and let me tell you now, you've not made a single decent comment yet.

You sound a right dafty, to be prefectly honest.

Fact is, the industry wasnt broken before, yet everyman and his dog seems to want to fix it.
Right or wrong eh? Half the courses the scaffs sit are there are a pure money maker, nothing else.
Sorry there lad, your talking utter crap like.

Who's talking nonsense? Ive seen your last dozen or so posts lad, and let me tell you now, you've not made a single decent comment yet.

You sound a right dafty, to be prefectly honest.

Fact is, the industry wasnt broken before, yet everyman and his dog seems to want to fix it.
Right or wrong eh? Half the courses the scaffs sit are there are a pure money maker, nothing else.
Sorry there lad, your talking utter crap like.

Why are you talking like a northerner?

Eh? your having a laugh you.
Not going to even dignify that with answer.

Proved my point eh?
Cant say nowt without posting a daft comment.

More Money Down The Toilet, Where On Earth Is All This Cash Coming From Gents, In 30 Years Plus I Have Never Seen Our Industry, Job Profession Or Whatever Anybody Wants To Call It So Fekked Up, The Insurance Industry Is At The Back Of A Lot Of This And The Claim Culture Is Still Causing No End Of Problems.

I agree with most comments on the thread so far & most scaff bosses understand that if thats what the mc wants than thats wot he has to get, reguardless off cost & if u dont do it someone around the corner will- i know it wasnt like this 30years ago of even really 10 but it is now & we have to deal with it...yes we gripe & moan but do fvuk all else about it, we all want a better industry without cowboy companies or practices but we dont want to be personally ripped off in doing so which is the general feeling, theres no union to unite us like other trades cos we're not reconised as a professional trade. & untill there is another body thats going to attempt to then we will continue to be walked over & have the piiis taken out of us. The sccr failed because of so much appathy .
DONT LET IT CONTINUE JOIN THE SA & LETS ATTEMPT TO INFLUENCE CHANGE & HAVE ALTERNATIVE ASSOCIATION TO THE NASC.

Top Bottom