Probability factors for wind. (1 Viewer)

I guess it things that should be upright aren't, it's probable that there might be a bit of wind.

I meant probability factors for reducing The co-efficient of friction.

I've come across a number of 0.85 for buildings with a lifespan under a year. This could mean lowering kentledge and is a general win-win for everyone.

Just wanted to see if i could get any peer validity

Ash,

There is a probability factor (Cprob) to apply to wind pressure mentioned in the eurocode, but it's application is far from clear... so i've never used it to reduce loads.

However, BS EN 12811-1 allows for a 'statistical factor' of 0.7 which, i believe, is for the temporary nature of scaffolding, if that helps?

SE1006

Ash,

There is a probability factor (Cprob) to apply to wind pressure mentioned in the eurocode, but it's application is far from clear... so i've never used it to reduce loads.

However, BS EN 12811-1 allows for a 'statistical factor' of 0.7 which, i believe, is for the temporary nature of scaffolding, if that helps?

SE1006

That's more helpful than i was hoping.

Ash, the 0.7 is the probability reduction!

Starts as 0.83 for a reduced probability for a 2 yr period then is squared in basic pressure qb calc.

The only thing to watch is you cannot take 0.83 or any other seasonal factor & 0.7 which I have seen before!

Top Bottom