pricing up

numbnuts

Reaction score
been asked for a labour only quote,for some new build houses on a site,have been out of the pricing game for a while,so thought ide see what people on here think the going rate to be,how far out would I be at say,£3 a linier ft.

ive told them£12.50 per hour,for day rate,but they want a price for job up and down.as well.

12.50 way too cheap

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

You want to make money. Not just cover wages

£ 13 an hour for lab
£18 an hour for part 2 and £25 an hour for advanced.
Im only guessing here lads.

We normally provide labour only as a day rate.which should take into account all ur costing factors incl transport to site then whatever profit u wanna make .never liked labour only as using someone else gear etc which may not b serviced is a hard way to make money- u gotta av a lot of men on the go skimming £20 off each for profit(bit like agencys do)

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

£ 13 an hour for lab
£18 an hour for part 2 and £25 an hour for advanced.
Im only guessing here lads.

Personnally think thats well high ...he's talking linear meter not per hour...some companys dont charge as much as that for supply & erect.:D

Last edited:
Not in the office in my van swifty....my pen is mightier than my spanner not only that i've got two lads that im teaching, so there doing most of the work, im just there for encouragement and advice.

Not in the office in my van swifty....my pen is mightier than my spanner not only that i've got two lads that im teaching, so there doing most of the work, im just there for encouragement and advice.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Of course, they learn by mistskes. When they do it wrong i tell them well done now strip it and do it again....lol lol
My time deosn't come cheap pal.

Do you tell them that by shouting out of the van window?

If they are supplying materials 4quid a foot up and down that gives you 12quid a running mtr but always make sure you have plenty to go at if there is only bits to go at have a fall back rate for scaffolders day rate 25 quid an hour labour 17quid an hour never leave yourself short

Day Rate

This is just a builders way of getting a job done for nothing..
Sack it off and tell them to do it themselves.
In the time your lads are working for them you should be able to earn 3 or4 times more with them working the day for you.

its not a big site,only got three houses to go at just yet,plus the fact there will only be me erecting the scaffolds.im only five minutes away from it to helps,if they sell them in time,they will build three more,right up to about one hundred houses.

Yes which will make them a lot of money. Make sure you get your cut

its not a big site,only got three houses to go at just yet,plus the fact there will only be me erecting the scaffolds.im only five minutes away from it to helps,if they sell them in time,they will build three more,right up to about one hundred houses.

You know how much you put up and take down in an average day. You know what you want to earn in a day. The maths is easy.

Top Bottom