Design Auto cads system (1 Viewer)

rickymackintosh

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some heads up, starting my last year on HND civils so now thinking about trying to learn how to start drawing whilst at uni as this was why I started the long road in the first place.

What is the best system out there for this for scaffolding designs is this the
autocad 2013 standard??

I do have draw IT for CAD just looking for some advice if possible.

Also is there away apart from being taken on full time as a trainee to learn how to draw i.e any on line tutorials available or practice modules about that could help?? online or maybe if anyone can set them up??

I see there is training days etc. around so would be really interested and probably attend as many as possible to be honest.

Any help would be appreciated ta lots.

Hi Ricky.

Whilst AutoCAD is considered 'standard', you'll find some places prefer other design packs such as Microstation. It's not a problem; they all work in a similar way.

If you search youtube or Google (or preferred search provider) for CAD tuturials you'll find loads. I know Autodesk will let you download a free trail version of CAD programs, not sure about the others.

The caveat is that these tutorials will teach you how to use a program; doing a separate search for technical drawing tutorials will definitely not do you any harm.

Good luck.

Hi Ricky.

Whilst AutoCAD is considered 'standard', you'll find some places prefer other design packs such as Microstation. It's not a problem; they all work in a similar way.

If you search youtube or Google (or preferred search provider) for CAD tuturials you'll find loads. I know Autodesk will let you download a free trail version of CAD programs, not sure about the others.

The caveat is that these tutorials will teach you how to use a program; doing a separate search for technical drawing tutorials will definitely not do you any harm.

Good luck.

Thanks Nick.

Top Bottom