Mandatory cisrs new entrant trainee/labourer course

merseyboy

Reaction score
as from 1st Sept 2013, there is a new requirement to get the CISRS trainee or labourer card - you nw have to attend a course or have approved "In house" training

What does everyone think about it?

nah its jst new trainees and labourers, u have to go to a centre an do a full days "training" an the basic idea is its induction training. So you have to pay to go and do induction, which you then do on your citb course anyway!!!

MONEY!!!!

I agree iduction training is important, and this is effectivey a card to say u have been inducted, but if you are a trainee you will be inducted by your company, inducted by the citb on start of training course and then inducted again as part of this scheme!

The scaff company can apply to do the training in house but at a cost and with strict condition for training (blinds on the windows and locks on the doors were 2 of the conditions!), or send them to a cisrs training centre (guessin the likes of simian and safety&access) and be charged for the training

I was speaking with the CSIRS today and the course is called the COTS and anyone applying for a scaffold laborers or trainee ticket has to do this course its a 1 day course to prove common sense.

Yep ill have to go in for a day to show me how to the portfolio ( which I'd rather could fill most of it out there if it goes to plan;)then my final assement

Cant you have a word with J.Gibbs i heard he knows a man that can do it for you for a small charge ;)

I could but THEY gave to give me one phil because I need to reregister on the scheme.... Once I've got it there are a few I know that have offered to sort it for me ;) but in truth prob sort it out myself and pretend to know what I'm doing;)

Old Maximus dont need no portfolio or tickets to smash up a lump lively Bobby its all in the wrist action you know ;)

He aint no born scaffolder phil....he came from the darkside, he's an ex chippy student.......fecking traitor bobby....

I just seen that on another thread scaffy , an ex-chippie he probably drinks white wine spritzars as well :laugh:

I was speaking with the CSIRS today and the course is called the COTS and anyone applying for a scaffold laborers or trainee ticket has to do this course its a 1 day course to prove common sense.

Obviously called COTS as its for babies.
Aren't parents allowed to teach their offspring common sense these days?

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Is there a course to teach hoddies how to clean a mixer out with a couple of bricks?

Top Bottom