Impact wrench who gives a f@ck

woodsie

Reaction score
Who appreciates the old impact gun is it just the self employed who rely on the speed of which jobs go up. Who ever says a spanner is superior in my eyes don't have a clue about scaffolding or just not bothered wether the job takes a couple of hours or takes all day. I.e. power station n oil rig crew.
Opinions plz

Last edited:
I got mine to save my wrists woodsie....wish i had got it years ago; speed aint important but my health is...

For poofs. Scaffolders don't wear f&ckin power tools on their belts. End of. Or maybe I'm just old school?

Totally agree m8 saves on energy and joints. How can anyone explain how a spanner is better? Macho men with not much to do lol

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

For poofs. Scaffolders don't wear f&ckin power tools on their belts. End of. Or maybe I'm just old school?

Are you on price / self employed? No didn't think so.

I haven't got one but used one once ( other firm on site matey had one) and yes the independents can go up bit quicker poss but the time taken to change batteries etc and the fact your fooked on say beam work tells me that a spanner is still the most essential one out of the 2

Ppl say there wrists hurt by turning a spanner well.... Pop down to leaches get a Big Ben titanium spanner, weighs fook all and its pukka on price or if ya wanna take all day ;)

I myself wouldn't get one just my 2 cents worth woodsie

Totally agree m8 saves on energy and joints. How can anyone explain how a spanner is better? Macho men with not much to do lol

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Are you on price / self employed? No didn't think so.

Yes and yes. Making a nice living. The original quote still stands. Sorry if it doesn't fit with your vision of the modern scaffolder.

Im an old school scaff as well stone....but anything that makes our life easier must be a good shout surely.....

I have a titanium spanner but no comparison to the gun plus use it all the time on beams. The spanner just compliments it. Got to be ten times faster so how anyone can say a spanner is better doesn't know what hard work is or gluten for punishment.

Don't get me wrong if the individual finds them easier then FairPlay I still find it bollox that a hammer is part of my tool kit!!!! Lol

Titanium spanner and a cordless screwdriver? I'm gushing my pants here.

Yes and yes. Making a nice living. The original quote still stands. Sorry if it doesn't fit with your vision of the modern

There's no way your wrist can turn a spanner as fast as an impact wrench your loosing out on a lot of cash pal

What so ppl that prefer a spanner to a drill don't know what hard work is??? Uve just contradicted yourself mate the Reason you prefer the drill is because its 'easy'

Like I said above mate FairPlay to ya if you find it better I'm all for making life easier and if I could get on with it I would prob have one too but you've asked for opinions and u got one woodsie;)

What so ppl that prefer a spanner to a drill don't know what hard work is??? Uve just contradicted yourself mate the Reason you prefer the drill is because its 'easy'

Like I said above mate FairPlay to ya if you find it better I'm all for making life easier and if I could get on with it I would prob have one too but you've asked for opinions and u got one woodsie;)

What I'm trying to say is unless ur on price, self employed or with joint problems why would you bother getting one. If I was on hourly rate I wouldnt bother myself. Just saying.

There is a rumour circulating -(Plastic) materials & tools will be replacing all this heavy stuff scaffs have to suffer with.

Official sources quote - The demand for change to plastic was first highlighted by a Forum Member who is a legendary Lego Builder with interests to work in Utopia as a scaffs Bitch .

There is a rumour circulating -(Plastic) materials & tools will be replacing all this heavy stuff scaffs have to suffer with.

Official sources quote - The demand for change to plastic was first highlighted by a Forum Member who is a legendary Lego Builder with interests to work in Utopia as a scaffs Bitch .

:laugh: I've seen a Albanian geezer with a plastic spanner he said here boys look at this and within the first few fittings it snapped!!! Lol

Def one of the funniest things I've seen in scaffolding:laugh:

Helium balloons to lift the tubes would be cool lol

What I'm trying to say is unless ur on price, self employed or with joint problems why would you bother getting one. If I was on hourly rate I wouldnt bother myself. Just saying.

Even if you are on hourly rate you should still be doing as much as you can.
You can never do enough for a good guvnor.
If I go back on the tools I would invest in one.

You back on tools fred.....cant see that, what would the forum do without the endless wit and useless info.....sorry useful info....:D

i would have to agree with you stoneroses iam not saying i dont like a easier day but iam olde school as well ive been in the industrial sector all my life and have never ever seen a scaffolder with one i can understand on a large run of scaffold but you can keep the tower blocks and fook off independents:laugh: you get the spanner moveing and a good team you dont need a robo cop gun:laugh:

Top Bottom