Online chat ...... (2 Viewers)

S

steve gregory

would it be a good idea to have online chat where you can speak directly to anybody who is online over certain issues that you dont want to post..... I.E . a bit like facebook where you can also appear offline if you wish......

would it be a good idea to have online chat where you can speak directly to anybody who is online over certain issues that you dont want to post..... I.E . a bit like facebook where you can also appear offline if you wish......

Steve,

I think thats a great idea:idea:

Hi Steve

Having online chat would be a great feature, however last time I looked into it, there was a major reason for not adding that has slipped my mind. I will look into it again and see if I can figure out what the problem was.

Best Regards

SF Admin

Sorry Steve I had forgotten about this thread! :embarrest:

I looked into it on one of the admin forums that I use.

The problems are as follows

1. They use a lot of bandwith
2. They are mostly flashed based which can cause havoc
3. Lots of forums have reported a massive decrease in new threads and posts when they have been added.

Thanks

SF Admin

and to add to Admin's comments -

chat rooms are normally moderated, which is another job for someone.

Sorry Steve I had forgotten about this thread! :embarrest:

I looked into it on one of the admin forums that I use.

The problems are as follows

1. They use a lot of bandwith
2. They are mostly flashed based which can cause havoc
3. Lots of forums have reported a massive decrease in new threads and posts when they have been added.

Thanks

SF Admin

come on admin u know u like to keep busy seeing as its not worth going darn the lane these days.lol.

haha well lets have poker on here then too,Facebook is for Face Fookers....It wrecks lives its for gossip boxes..

5, most of us cant hold a conversation without using foul,or threatening language,which may offend the sensitive nature of many of the forum users..:D

haha well lets have poker on here then too,Facebook is for Face Fookers....It wrecks lives its for gossip boxes..

your right there ray.....

Admin ive never been called wendy.lol....

Last edited:
Where would that leave the sponsors, are they not the revenue to run the forum.

Top Bottom