temporary hand rail systems (1 Viewer)

richard challis

Reaction score
Evening everyone I've been asked to price to erect a temporary hand rail around a big building built completely of king span sides and roof naturally don't want to erect scaffold from floor all the way up no parapits just flimsy boxed guttering any advise helpful cheers

Ive used one in the past. It involves a heavy metal base plate about 3ft long with a angled sleeve type bit in the middle of it. You then get a 5ft tube with 2 half doubles welded to it to tae the hand rails. I think the spacing was 3m. I liked this type system quick and easy to use, if may be a little heavy.

Any idea of the system name most don't work on roofs above a 3 degree pitch as can't really tiue in

Erect a 2 lift scaffold round the base of the building with gaurdrail. Standard spacings of 3mts, if you set out with 13fts then top the inside legs with 21fts so your then 1.2mt above your parapit. Install your triple handrail @ 1.1 then 700mm and then 300mm, from your top handrail on your independent scaffold install a 21ft raker on every standard. Then erect a tie back above headheight so then your raker is less than 4mt unsupported. If that deosn't make sense pm me your email address and i'll send you a drawing..
All the best with it rich...regards den

Yes, ive just found it on Google, its shore guard sg4 system. Ive only used it on flat roofs.

Thats what I was thinking too , Buttress towers or independent , Id be surprised if they would want to allow drilling fixings into the kingspan , plus dunno what actual loads a kingspan could handle

Top Bottom