mills doubles.

Tony Mason

Reaction score
Was on site today and found a couple of mills doubles in the fitting bin. What a quality fitting they are, speed threads to. Does anyone know if they are still manufactured. Thanks Tony.

There like marmite, you either love them or hate them, I think there the best fittings, yes they still make them Interserve use them. ;)

Don't think so mate, but you're right. . . A quality fitting. Ideal as the 'Aberdeen' trannies between standards can be fixed with these without affecting your intermediate trannies using singles. The kwikstage fraternity generally don't like them though.

I found them arkward the way you had to position the bolt exactly to get the ledger in, if you know what i mean. I liked the speed free threads. Got supplied fittings today and on the bag was 'export only', and the quality was shocking.

I found them arkward the way you had to position the bolt exactly to get the ledger in, if you know what i mean. I liked the speed free threads. Got supplied fittings today and on the bag was 'export only', and the quality was shocking.

all the new fittings you get now seem to be export only

You've got to get that bolt hanging in the right position thats for sure.

there ort for slacks but a feking night mare to try and get 1 in some were between ledger and standard :mad:

never found it a problem, both bolts half out, put it on the ledger the push the standard out to get the fitting on

great fitting

Luv the mills,tho quite rare nowdays. Im quite sure they didnt comply with eu regs,so have been phased out, surprised to hear theyre still being made.

Sounds like a bag of doubles we had last week. Really thin and looked nasty!

Luv the mills,tho quite rare nowdays. Im quite sure they didnt comply with eu regs,so have been phased out, surprised to hear theyre still being made.
I think they banned them off-shore Fred due to the vibration on the rigs and the speed bolts coming loose if I am not mistaken.
Me? I say they are the best fittings I have used, with the old Big-Ben/UBM/or "little giants" coming anywhere near.

I think someone should start re manufacture them. I think they beat any other fitting all day long.

all the new fittings you get now seem to be export only :

That's Chinese fittings - they have to mark the stuff they export "export only" so they don't get charged local taxes by their government.

In addition, some factories make fittings for their local market that are even worse and mark the bags up so they don't export those by mistake.

The 7/16 is one of the best fitting going but the old 1/2 inch with the fitting on the top was a killer, especially double on double and fastening the transom one off meant you had to be at least 6 foot 2 inch tall

The 7/16 is one of the best fitting going but the old 1/2 inch with the fitting on the top was a killer, especially double on double and fastening the transom one off meant you had to be at least 6 foot 2 inch tall
Yes I remember those as well and dont forget the sleeve with the shallow 1/2 nuts. Bloody horrible and I am glad they were phased out.

About the sleeves. can you remember the ones with the podger bolts...what a fuucking nightmare, had to do a full lift with them once, ledgeres handrailes and toppers took me longer to do them up than it did to trannie and board the lift

I was talking about these the other day and good to have a few on the lorry for those awkward spots when your tight up against the wall ...

Top Bottom