cads "not so smart scaff"

is there any courses that can be done on a night for cads at all

Sure - if you call Julie at our office she'll be able to help you: 01202 603031.

Terry

Hi

Does any one out there know which is the best software design for estimating, we have had a quote from cads which is quite expensive, Does anyone know any info.

Regards

Research the threads Kerrigan, loads of input regarding this and other programmes, although I would suggest you would have to go along way to beating the Cads.

I've had the CAD software on free trail for a few months now, seem quite good but it really needs so many of it's features finishing off. As for the TG20 guide well most of the scaffolds we are erecting don't comply.
Model it.. looks quite good nice touch, but again really not finished yet, it would be nice to be able draw buildings with different additions at various heights beaming over existing lower levels.
Why do loading lists always work the materials out in rather strange sizes and that's the same for CASE.
So for the time being ill keep hold for my £6000 till it's finished!

Fair point greenrose but to be fair the cads team are pretty smart(pardon the pun) at sending out the up dates. Did you try the draw it, I didn't as it looked a bit complicated for me, although no doubt I would soon get the hang of it. I feel I can do most things on there without it anyway but we are maybe building a more basic structure to yourself. Long story short we managed to help one of our clients with a drawing for a fairly complicated job after he lost our hand-over during a site visit from the hse. The inspector said due to the fact it was missing we should have a drawing and calcs for the loading. It took most of the weekend to do it but by Monday morning the inspector was happy and the client was delighted. I also take your point regarding check it, I am also finding that a bit due to silly things like a ladder landing lift. I think you really need the check it plus but I feel if you are buying it you should really have the best one from the word go. I still find it very useful though.

Top Bottom