Sccr

Yeah nice Swifty I have always said that but there are a couple of flaws. You are not meant to hemp from the step, would that affect your answers?

We do sometimes but only with system and it is manageable.

Old scaffolding boards

Hello, does anyone know anyone who will sell 22 13ft scaffolding boards in Halifax will pay the right prices.

The only Step I really care about is.....One step in front of the Bailiff....:eek:

On a more serious note :nuts: I have used many techniques just to stretch a bit higher (including all kinds of Dummy lift) but had lot of success hemping a Longun just standing on a Double about 3 feet up the Standard (if it was over a 6 foot Scarf).....and never dropped a Bugger yet.......

Okay, I know, the sensible blokes just put a Butt on it, but, Oh well......:bigsmile:

CharliePentagramT.png

The nasc care all about making money and dont care about nothing else and after that making our job even harder with all the new rules i wonder how many of the committe have got OR DID HAVE CITB CARDS!!!!!!?????

The nasc care all about making money and dont care about nothing else and after that making our job even harder with all the new rules i wonder how many of the committe have got OR DID HAVE CITB CARDS!!!!!!?????

NASC the non profit organisation that puts the majority of fees into research ?,
I honestly think we all owe at NASC a thank you for making our industry a safer place to be.

NASC the non profit organisation that puts the majority of fees into research ?,
I honestly think we all owe at NASC a thank you for making our industry a safer place to be.

ZZZZZZZZZ!!!! some good some bad redviking as for a safer place redviking your as safe as you wanabe everybody that scaffolds knows the risks as i stated above some good some bad but if were all honnest its a money go round but your entitled to your opinion mate

Not only reportable it should be sackable. Plus tradesmen using the scaffolds should be made to do an inspection course so they can 're tag the scaffolds every time of use. That way the blame lies with them because everyone of them are part time scaffolders. Also it should be made law that they need to CLEAN ALL the scaffold after use. We are the worse paid trade and get all the **** once something goes wrong.

It's hard situation to get around ,
I pull nails and take screws from boards nearly every day and when we approach the builders or managers all we get is I don't know who done that .
I have taken to telling the company's when they ask to have the scaffold struck to make sure it's cleared or the lads will walk of site ,
But that never happens so I my self have just turned boards over and let the cra p fall , that usually gets their attention

Sccr is finished Alan but we gave it a go ;)

@ Happy…finished old Bean ??? more like a sleeping Giant that does not know his own strength…

As we all know the Scaffolders Confederation for Consultation Rights ( SCCR ) was form to give the Scaffold Erectors a voice in OUR Industry to liaise with and share information with Scaffolding Organisations in General and CISRS in particular, communications were sent to CISRS with an invitation to ice breaker meeting, we SCCR extended the hand of Friendship only to be totally ignored as if the of no consequence an irrelevance, I call it an insult to every Scaffolder, not being, further more to add insult to injury the impose the CPD ( no consultation with Labour Force )…CISRS have made a fatal error, they did not shake the hand that feed them…they did not listen…

A Challenge to CISRS Monopoly is being formulated at this time the support of every Scaffolder ( SCCR or not as the case may be ) will be thankfully received and faithfully applied…if their was an alternative competency route would you support it ???…don't sleep walk through this one…

I don't know if there is a will to re-boot SCCR…is it time wake the sleeping giant ???

I've noticed a lot of building sites I've been on lately are not bothered if you have a cots card , CISRS card etc etc . We have a few lads on the firm I'm working for without cards.Think they've all come to realise that CISRS are just fleecing what they can . The parasites won't be getting another penny out of me, they can shove their cpd where ghetto sun don't shine.

Double-Standards

I concur…where in the HaSaW and associated Regulations say that a Scaffolder has to be CISRS Trained and Ticketed…

There is going to be a big fight soon and the Challenger would like to engage with the Work Force and hopefully gain their trust and support…in the absence of any other point of contact they have chosen the Scaffolders Forum as a line of communication…

Question to the Forum

Would you support an alternative route to Competency ???

Double-Standards

I concur…where in the HaSaW and associated Regulations say that a Scaffolder has to be CISRS Trained and Ticketed…

There is going to be a big fight soon and the Challenger would like to engage with the Work Force and hopefully gain their trust and support…in the absence of any other point of contact they have chosen the Scaffolders Forum as a line of communication…

Question to the Forum

Would you support an alternative route to Competency ???

They would get my vote Garry

Philliosmaximus…

They got my vote too, the Challenger needs to know that the Scaffolders are with them…give them the nod so to speak…

I may have to ask Admin to set up some sort of Pol or something…then vote yes or know and ask the Scaffolders to vote on it…this provision would send a signal to the challenger…

Well Philliosmaximus, Challenger 4, have two votes in favour of an alternative competancy route...

Any other like minded Scaffolder please join the thread and Post your view, this is your chance to voice your opinion and influence the direction that our Scaffolding Industry is heading…

Top Bottom