Sccr (1 Viewer)

I understand you are looking to generate a conversation, I also understand CISRS may have bitten off more than they can chew with this one, but not sure there is any possibility of a real alternative when it's the HSE that is pushing for it to bring us inline with every other industry. Not better the devil you know, ideally, none of the above.

I'm sceptical on this Garry, my view this is being challenged is so the scaffolders can continue to work in the industry without re qualifying. As we know the service providers seldom pay for an employees CISRS course, they don't even pay for renewal of the card !
It's a no win situation, pay for the training yourself so you remain current, or let it lapse and restrict yourself to only being qualified with certain service company's.
The problem with the latter is that they offer no secure employment, constantly eroding t&c's and limited career progression (should you aspire to it ).
I could go on...

I understand you are looking to generate a conversation, I also understand CISRS may have bitten off more than they can chew with this one, but not sure there is any possibility of a real alternative when it's the HSE that is pushing for it to bring us inline with every other industry. Not better the devil you know, ideally, none of the above.

My only loyalty is to the work force the Scaffolders that are the back bone of our Industry, if there is change to come, my view is the Scaffs should have their say and be included in any consultation process…HSE are happy for CISRS to do their work for them in some respect…

Do we then just settle for what is on offer ( none of the above ) ???

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

I'm sceptical on this Garry, my view this is being challenged is so the scaffolders can continue to work in the industry without re qualifying. As we know the service providers seldom pay for an employees CISRS course, they don't even pay for renewal of the card !
It's a no win situation, pay for the training yourself so you remain current, or let it lapse and restrict yourself to only being qualified with certain service company's.
The problem with the latter is that they offer no secure employment, constantly eroding t&c's and limited career progression (should you aspire to it ).
I could go on...

I hear what you are saying, I only wish more Scaffs that have view this Post would air their views Too...

The thing is, the Service Coz need the Scaffs to make alternative work…

Yes, none of the above meaning I would really only support real change, not just a change of hat.

Yes, none of the above meaning I would really only support real change, not just a change of hat.

Aye, real change takes open debate and discussion it also requires a mandate from the workforce, hence, if there is to be change we want to know about it and be included in any discussions…

The costs to the Scaffolder in terms of self sponcered Courses, the costs will not be toupeed…the costs will be a lot less...

Last edited:
The financial burdon of the sccr fell on one man. Unsustainable. Simples.

Fredrick…your spot on support evaporated and Sccr was mothballed…

However, there are other channels where view can be shared…the Labour Force views need to be listened too, I don't know what vehicle will be used…only thing I know ALL Parties Concerned should work for the good of the Industry in General and the Scaffolders in particular...

So SCCR is mothballed and not disbanded all together Garry?

Perhaps, dormont would be a better word…

Sccr could be re-booted but it would require dedicated imput from Forum Members…Sccr or indeed any other such Body would suffice, its the Body of Men behind it that counts…and as far as I can see the majority of Scaff neither have the will or inclination to engage in CPD debate and thats fair play to them, if they are happy with what is on the table so be it...

Im Totally Hacked Off With The Diktats That Are Handed Down Aplenty From Nasc Towers Garry , Just Where On Earth Do They Think All This Money Comes From ? Lets Face It Chaps Its Not Going To Cost Thirty Bob Is It , And For What So We Can Get Shafted From Agencies, Main Contractors And Insurance Companies ,Im Seriously Thinking About Telling Them To Go Fekk Themselves.

Im Totally Hacked Off With The Diktats That Are Handed Down Aplenty From Nasc Towers Garry , Just Where On Earth Do They Think All This Money Comes From ? Lets Face It Chaps Its Not Going To Cost Thirty Bob Is It , And For What So We Can Get Shafted From Agencies, Main Contractors And Insurance Companies ,Im Seriously Thinking About Telling Them To Go Fekk Themselves.

Hi Gerscaff

The number of Scaffolders who have been obliged to self sponsor has risen to circa 70 % :eek:

One of the issues raised is cost CISRS do not set the prices of sources delivered by THEIR PROVIDERS, the Market forces does this, however, based upon conversations with THE PROVIDERS the cost is likely to be £250 - £300 ( some will charge VAT ) discussions with CITB and hope to run some PILOT COURSES which if SUCCESSFUL will mean that they will ADD the CPD courses to the Training Plan Fund which will allow CITB levy paying employers to claim up to £100 per day for this Training, NASC is also considering setting aside some money to further subsidise this Training for its own Members…

There appears to be NO relief or Funding for self sponsored Scaffolders…

Gar im in for it and sincerely hope that the rest of the Scaffs who go on FBook etc moaning actually do something about the fact WE SCAFFS are seen only as a cash cow ;)

so mote it be Brothers

@ Happy…

Just back from Hols and walk right into a bun fight old bean…

Just wanted to get the views of the Scaffs…

I'll be sending you Doc for your perusal…

Which ever way this goes…so mote it be Brother...

Top Bottom