Loading bay design (1 Viewer)

:D Yeh yeh yeh- nick, just admit freds had a good idea & ur gonna how shall we say borrorr;) his idea for ur desighn portfolio lolo:laugh:

:D Yeh yeh yeh- nick, just admit freds had a good idea & ur gonna how shall we say borrorr;) his idea for ur desighn portfolio lolo:laugh:

In all honesty, all of my designs have had the scaffs input in one way or another so I can really say that anything was all my own idea. Plus, when you're working with 2 designers that have been in the game for 35+ years each, finding something that's never been done would be a job in its self.

As far as the blokes in the pub are concerned though, I'm the bestest calc slinger in the west ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I know what your saying SP,but jacks set to correct height and not taken to limits Worked on t&f support work many moons ago. Was a 6 lane flyover/motorway section, Scaffold was gridded in to 4' squares and braced to design. each standard height was measured and marked out on pads.i Jacks to carry bearers,then formwork laid over,countless tons od steel and concrete, Loading bay for a few tons of bricks. Just saying like!!:wondering:
Whats the compression on standards as opposed to fittings

Morning Fred,
Designed it in similar fashion many time in the past but only for the larger scaffold companies such as SGB who had access to unlimited stock including Soldiers and Dual beams; however smaller companies do not carry this stock as standard so tend to work with whatever toys are in the box.

With regards T&F I designed numerous supports for the pouring of road bridges for the likes of the M11 in and around London in the very early 70's with main & secondary bearers in fork heads and as NIck Says its fine in direct compression for the legs but if all you have is tube and boards on the top its a touch trickier.

When thinking of loads applied It is worth remembering that 60kN of bricks weighs the same as 60kN of concrete and steelwork, whilst these loads may not harm the leg they will have a dramatic effect on the bearers on the top.

Regards
Alan

Top Bottom