Work in scaffolding .

John 84

Reaction score
Hello all,

I would like to get advice on getting to work in scaffolding. I am 29 yrs old, physically fit and enjoy working out doors. I am ex forces and have been working as a deckhand on a boat since.
Any feed back will be helpful thanks.

John

Basically mate apply to be a labour .graft and show your keen.if your lucky they will put your on your part 1 etc if u aint lucky each course cost a grand give or take .thats part 1 then grand for part 2 then bout five hundred for final assessment .then u r a basic scaff.loads of work out there at mo so ring about and sign up with a few agencies .

Hello all,

I would like to get advice on getting to work in scaffolding. I am 29 yrs old, physically fit and enjoy working out doors. I am ex forces and have been working as a deckhand on a boat since.
Any feed back will be helpful thanks.

John

Sounds like your keen mate hope you get something.

Just ring round all the local companies or even better go into the yard be prepared to put up with some arse-holes that think they are the bees knees though.

Dont work for **** all either as some companies will try and pay you next to nothing.

Firstly welcome to the forum john 84 ( same year as me lol) as mentioned apply for a labourers cisrs card then hit the yellow pages/ google I can promise that being ex army will boad well for ya I've worked with lots over the years in fact with one now all top rank when it comes to attitude and work ethic in my opinion hope it works out mate ps where u based if london I might be able to help out with some numbers ;)

Thanks for the replys guys. I am based in Portsmouth.

Cheers

another ex smash head comes to the grind stone. id rather join the legion lol

Top Bottom