Laminated Scaffold Boards (1 Viewer)

This video, whilst not intended to show the boards but the system will give some clue as to the strength of the LVL boards being used to support the loads on the frame.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2BT3mbf9QM]Non-Stop Scaffolding Safety Catch Test - YouTube[/ame]

Hi Superscaff
I have around 120,000 in use in the UAE, they do not tend to split or warp.
They have been known to delaminate from time to time.
I also have around 15,000 in the UK but customers are not too sure of the unknown.
A little heaver than a soft wood board but much longer lasting if looked after.

As HSWT says the NZ boards are very good but at a high cost.
Get the right Chinese supplier and specification you wont go far wrong.
regards
Alan

I thought they must be less prone to splitting and warping than the normal european white wood is, I take it you must like the laminate boards Alan , I can understand you having 120,000 in the middle east due to the heat , Do you see a noticeable different between conventional and laminate in the UK , This year we have heatwave causing splits and warps in the european boards but past 18 to 24 months been quite a wet climate where european boards soak up the water then if not stored correctly rot anyway as would the laminate start to shed it laminate , The Laminate boards must be water proof to a certain extent but I doubt it is 100% waterproof so must be water tolerant to a certain degree otherwise laminate would flake anyway wouldnt it ,

With our UK Climate is there a clear winner or Not :eek:

Hi Super,
To all intents and purposes a board is a board; however, without doubt an LVL out perform a softwood in both the Middle East and the UK.

Maintenance, now that’s another subject, whilst currently we have no apparent problems with our LVL's in the UK or Middle East if they not adequately maintained and stored they will do the same as any timber product and deteriorate.

Not sure who the clear winner would be in the European climate but without doubt LVL out here

Regards
Alan

A laminated board is just like a softwood board for all practical purposes, if it’s not fit for use, it shouldn’t be used, split, notched or delaminating etc etc

Some demolition contractors now prefer the laminated boards because it offers that added safety measures should a heavy piece of debris unexpectedly find its way onto the boarded platform.

Personally I prefer the softwood, much lighter and cheaper!!

A laminated board is just like a softwood board for all practical purposes, if it’s not fit for use, it shouldn’t be used, split, notched or delaminating etc etc

Some demolition contractors now prefer the laminated boards because it offers that added safety measures should a heavy piece of debris unexpectedly find its way onto the boarded platform.

Personally I prefer the softwood, much lighter and cheaper!!

100% with the contractors wanting a better platform.

I guess you may not be as young as you used to be when it comes to carrying boards :)

The non-laminated board is becoming popular with big contractors in the Gulf because of the lower cost.It remains to be seen if it will be cost effective in time.
There are a large number of European boards for sale which originated in Austria. Notorious because of the unacceptable knots in them.

Top Bottom