Laminated Scaffold Boards (1 Viewer)

superscaff75

Reaction score
Does anyone on here have any experience of Laminated scaffold boards , What are the pro,s and con,s of them. what they like to use , lifespan , are they heavy , do they not warp or split , any info much appreciated

I do remember so old threads about these, I think it depends on the environment you work in, as on site they get cut down which proves costly

I do remember so old threads about these, I think it depends on the environment you work in, as on site they get cut down which proves costly

Do they not just re-band them if cut down like a normal scaffold board , I know very little bout them , only what i have read on manufactures notes

Does anyone on here have any experience of Laminated scaffold boards , What are the pro,s and con,s of them. what they like to use , lifespan , are they heavy , do they not warp or split , any info much appreciated

Hi Superscaff
I have around 120,000 in use in the UAE, they do not tend to split or warp.
They have been known to delaminate from time to time.
I also have around 15,000 in the UK but customers are not too sure of the unknown.
A little heaver than a soft wood board but much longer lasting if looked after.

As HSWT says the NZ boards are very good but at a high cost.
Get the right Chinese supplier and specification you wont go far wrong.
regards
Alan

first day. 400 boards, 80 meters through obstrucTions of narrow doors and ticht corridoors. double weight of a standard 13 ft board. remember hating the scaff for making me do it. my view of the first and last time i see them. discusting, lol

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

i am speaking as a first day. welcome to scaffolding, meeting the boards on the hottest day of the year during olympics last years labourers view on things. what i have been told is there fire resistant hence the job was prestige

i agree. but i know it aint. its alot easier than the day i had for the average first timers. and we both no that

They have them here in oz, heavy fookers, like a slab of concrete

I have just been up the yard with a set of scales.

1) the normal allowance within a design for boards is 0.25kN/mSq (25kg/mSq)
2) the weight of a sun dried 4.0m soft wood board in Dubai is circa 13.3kg
3) the weight of a sun dried 4.0m Laminated boards in Dubai is circa 18.5kg

before you moan about the weight I have 55kg Nepal labour who carry these all day in up to 50deg heat. (but thank F**k I dont have to do it any more)
regards
Alan

I've never heard ot these laminated boards before, we use alot of the plastic boards inside gsk and heineken for clean jobs.. whats the advantages or disadvanteges from plastic- laminated or traditional timber boards ?

LVL boards from NZ (Hyplank is the brand name) are 5.7kg per mtr

retail around $10.00 Australian per m.

we have quite a few of them and have used this type of board for well over 10 years in Australia.

the main problem with them is you cannot stack them on top of each other out in the weather, water gets in, stays in and delaminates the board.

some of the large companies down here reject returns if there are any nail holes on return as these holes allow water ingress and potentially this leads to damage from the inside out.

generally a good board, very even dimensions, but don't stack them without cover or without some sort of air gap between each level of boards and don't double board anything with them for long, for the same reason.

link to Hyplank specs below

www.productspec.net/nas/TechnicalFiles/696/p30866/hyPLANK Brochure (Mar 2012).pdf');

Top Bottom