Holiday pay? (2 Viewers)

john the manc

Reaction score
I know that after 13 weeks working sub-contract for a construction firm you are entitled to holiday pay like the cards-in lads, am I right?
Well I have just finished with this firm as the phase of the job has been completed and have been there for 15 weeks, so I have put down the money I think I am due in the invoice sheet.
If this firm starts turning Jekyll and refuses, what action can I take and what is the best way I can go about it without having to pay out a small fortune on a solicitor?

I may be a little premature, but the experiences I have had with firms over the last twelve months leaves me with a tendancy to not trust anyone!
Any advice would be appreciated.
John.

Last edited:
Are you talking about public hols John. Im sure under Eu regs your entitled to the same benefits as paye. There was someone on here a while back,(rackin me brains, who had this issue) and got paid up.

Public holidays as in bank holidays,easter national hols ect?
No I mean that the job has finished and I finished with the firm after 14 weeks subbing direct for them.
I have been payed holiday pay in the past when I subbed direct for MPB Structures on the M60 motorway and it looks like a similar set-up.
I may be worrying about nothing, but just in case thanks for that link.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Don't spend it yet,
No I wont.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Dont Hold Your Breath John.
Never trust anyone til its in the bank.:D

Top Bottom