getting back into scaffolding!! HELP!!!

craigmuir83

Reaction score
hi rite here it goes ive been out the scaffolding game for years now and just recently the place i work now are making people redundant. So i thought damm this im gonna try and get back to scaffolding anyone with any info for me out their?? it would be much appreciated if you could give me some.

Cheers:bigsmile:

hi rite here it goes ive been out the scaffolding game for years now and just recently the place i work now are making people redundant. So i thought damm this im gonna try and get back to scaffolding anyone with any info for me out their?? it would be much appreciated if you could give me some.

Cheers:bigsmile:

so what prison was you in and what was you in for

haha no havent been in prison lol jst at the time i wasnt driving and the other lad went offshore so the company i was with sacked me. just not really bothered looking to get back into until now because of these redundancys

The game may be unrecognisable since you were last at it, obviously depending on what you have done and where you have done it. House bashing is almost as it was other than the SG4:10 thing, so don't aim too high for a bit and you will be fine.

im thinking ill have to start from the beginning again its been 7 years since i last do it. so looking for places that will put me through the cards bt think ill need to get into a scaff company again to do this

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

do you think id be better of going to inchinnan (citb college) and would that get funded or part funded for me ????

Suppose depends where you live ? For how much work there is but ive found from where i live in middlesbrough you have to work away to earn decent money cause the best jobs are taken . Thats why ive plumbed for going offshore

Have you had a CSCS/CISRS card?
If so, when did it last run out? I am asking this as some lads who leave the game for a number of years sometimes keep their cards up to date.
Was you a scaff or a labourer?

im thinking ill have to start from the beginning again its been 7 years since i last do it. so looking for places that will put me through the cards bt think ill need to get into a scaff company again to do this

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

do you think id be better of going to inchinnan (citb college) and would that get funded or part funded for me ????

Again, it depends on how they see it in Ayrshire. Round here, there would be no option, no card no job unless you are on the deck. The card thing is one thing that definitely has changed so if you know someone who will put you through it all the better. The funding things varies from area to area but it might be worth waiting for your redundancy which will help you access lots of different types of funding, good luck.

Don't worry mate,I just came back after 3 years out,first few weeks are a bit of a body shock but you will be fine,although my advice would be to put yourself through the part 1 then you won't have to rely on anyone,is like riding a bike,you never forget it.good luck pal.

no i never had any cards at the time the company i was with were putting me through my cards b4 my m8 went offshore so they got rid of me cause i wasnt driving back then and stayed miles away from the sites we had i could see their point but i started off labouring then worked my wae upto doing scaff. 7 year got into warehousing thats wot i done big mistake lol!!

Welcome to the forum, think you might be better off getting another bend in a warehouse lol

Hi and Welcome to the Scaffolders Forum!

Best Regards

SF Admin

Top Bottom