Stabila Levels - Best One?

Bundy

Reaction score
Needing a new level, had this one for god knows how long and it's damaged now.

Between these two which is best?

STB81SREMH-T.jpg

foto_add-10887.jpg

Since I don't plan on working on the Forth Bridge anytime soon the extra vial on the bottom one would be virtually of no use but I wondered if the magnet was stronger on that model and if it ran the full length of the base.

Any info would be helpful

I have used the one on the bottom for about 3 years now , and its the only type i would buy , the magnets are much stronger and run the full length , but what i like best is the
" V " groove that makes the bubble sit perfect on the tube all in all a much better level for not much more money.

I'm probably behind the times then Phil as I would have guessed either one would be fine but the top one would suit most scaffs. The amount of times I have seen the apprentice level a tranny, telling me it's mint and the level is sitting at 45 degrees is horrendous. Maybe I should make em buy the V one.

Why not try a big ben one for a change? Bit more expensive but don't have the magnets that fall out my mate had one looked the nuts,that will be my next one

Had 2 of them Bobby and the vials fell out , and one bent after a while without any abuse,
the bottom level dont have any magnets to fall out the whole bottom is magnetized like the big ben level.

Aom that is a problem with young lads they dont have the level sitting flat when they bubble something , but the bottom level has a groove that pulls itself onto the tube square .

if its between the line its good to go, needong to order me sell a new level orderd that octopus level 5he fekign green thing wid the lights and **** lol but never came got me money back give me spheel about it been reproducted and made better . he adjustable vial is the onyl stabila level i can find with a v grove in it

if its between the line its good to go, needong to order me sell a new level orderd that octopus level 5he fekign green thing wid the lights and **** lol but never came got me money back give me spheel about it been reproducted and made better . he extra vial is the onyl stabila level i can find with a v grove in it

l

Marra likes his stabilla to drop in 2nd H.rail. Are these bigbens the same length?

Levels

Hi all,

When choosing a level you should look at the body and ensure you have rem n the side. This means rare earth magnet. These are much stronger than normal magnets and will ensure a longer life.
I work for a tools and PPE company, any questions just ask.

get the cheapest you cant see it from house and all that bla bla bla!!!

Rem my arssse i still got my original non mag type ...ok the vial have faded to clear & the bubble elongated but still works lol....on a serious noe though i was in b& q earlier & they have a new fatmax level with mags & the xtra changable 45dgbubble in silver bargin @ £20

Just found this level, some of the lads are using them on sitehttp://scaffmag.com/2014/07/innovations-proview-dragonfly-scaffolders-level/
anyone else used them?

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

search

stick with the stabila ray neverseen that one before but phils right about the big ben ones i launched it at my mate and one of the bubbles cracked, fuming i was only had it 3 days the stabila on much stronger , chuck it drop it launch it rarely gets damaged

Is this a wind up then "rare earth magnets" So how long have they been making bubbles that are magnatized?

Top Bottom