Trainee Scaffolder / Labourer looking for work in London

Traineeman

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I signed up here yesterday and I've been doing quite a bit of reading.

I live in West London and I'm looking to get into the scaffolding industry. I've been looking into the processes of becoming a qualified scaffolder and in hindsight it sure doesn't seem to be very forgiving :(

So the steps that I have taken so far:

I've passed the CSCS test, so that's out the way.

I think this step seems to be the hardest part. I've been ringing lots of scaffolding firms asking them to see if they're taking on any trainee scaffolders / labourers. None seem to have any positions.

It seems in order to get into the Part 1 course you need 6 months experience on a scaffolding site. My main concern is how can I ever get into this course when no one wants to take me on as a trainee :sad2:

So what can I do now as I'm stuck and don't know what steps I should be taking next?
I'm even keen to do some voluntary work

Can anyone here help me get some work as a trainee scaffolder / labourer ?
Highly appreciate any decent feedback and support.

Thanks a billion :amuse:

Jesus Christ, Are you gonna invite him all the way to Peterborough for an interview then tell him you'll be in touch, then send him a letter 2 weeks later saying he can have a start in another 2 weeks like that w@nker Stephen McCrory?

Hello everyone,

I live in West London and I'm looking to get into the scaffolding industry. I've been looking into the processes of becoming a qualified scaffolder and in hindsight it sure doesn't seem to be very forgiving :(

I think this step seems to be the hardest part. I've been ringing lots of scaffolding firms asking them to see if they're taking on any trainee scaffolders / labourers. None seem to have any positions.

It seems in order to get into the Part 1 course you need 6 months experience on a scaffolding site. My main concern is how can I ever get into this course when no one wants to take me on as a trainee :sad2:

So what can I do now as I'm stuck and don't know what steps I should be taking next?

Just book the part 1 course now, you won't fail it. It's training and not a test mate.

Best bet mate is to try some agencies as well, that way you can get a feel for the job and see if its for you, and ull make a contact or 2 the best ones are forefront and octain google them and you will find lots more good luck

Ps where in west london mate

Hello mate, thanks for the feedback.
I would book the course in a snap but they require 6 months experience on site and on the application form there is a section for the employer to fill in.

Without the employers details I don't think it's possible to even apply for the course. Here's the link to the application form and the CITB requirements.

http://www.cisrs.org.uk/documents/card_trainee_application_form.pdf
https://www.cskills.org/supportbusiness/courses/coursebooker/viewcourse.aspx?CourseID=BAW01

I have actually signed up with Forefront and given my details out to numerous firms. Basically I'm doing all that I can to get into this industry :)

But in relation to the application, I spoke to one guy from a firm and he said just "movie" the application form ( as in make up a company ) but I'd rather do it the proper way and get some experience prior to to the course.

Whats your comments on these, would be interesting to know :)

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Best bet mate is to try some agencies as well, that way you can get a feel for the job and see if its for you, and ull make a contact or 2 the best ones are forefront and octain google them and you will find lots more good luck

Ps where in west london mate

I live in Shepherds Bush mate. Opposite the Westfield shopping center :)

Just wondering were you can do ur BESC at and how many days is it n price?

Send me a PM with your mobile number mate

hi

Hello everyone,

give me a call tomorrow alan 07932410487 leave a message or text me I may have some work for you

i did my part1 course with only 2 week training and passed it no problem that said you are better getting with a firm and do some labouring work as a good labourer makes a good scaffolder in my experience.
good luck, can be a tough game this scaffolding lark

I did hear Admiral Scaffolding in Merton were looking for lotsa blokes. Not sure what they are like to work for though…

If you can afford to do LGV/HGV license that will help you out no end also

Good luck

Top Bottom