Scaffolding enquiries

WhiteJR

Reaction score
Dear Scaffolding world,
for a recent economics school project I have been asked to come up with a buisness model for a firm (I have chosen a scaffolding firm) and just had a few enquiries about initial start up costs.

Firstly, for how long does scaffolding last before it has to be replaced?

secondly, is there any rough estimate as to how much insurance/health & safety costs would be?

Also, how many employees do you think would be needed to assemble scaffolding for an average two story house?

Any help would be much appriciated :smile1:

Welcome to the place thats full of wisdom and advice mate. cant help you with the first 3 questions but the last 1 i can. Depends how many sides, how many boarded lifts and if theres a stack or barrow run to to build off it, but in general 2 scaffs bout half a day.

There are as many answers to these questions as there are scaffold firms.
1. The depreciation of steel materials is dependant on the level of maintainence and the environmental conditions. Steel in salty conditions for instance will obviously corrode faster than inland. a big national company I joined years ago allowed 10 years for tube, 3 years for fittings and 9 months for boards. This being an average over their stock.
2. The cost of insurance is again dependant on insurance companies and is a variable dependant on your wage bill/nos of employees per annum and excess, a recent post showed small companies paying anything from £3500 - £12000 pa. Again I have also been with companies where EL/PL insurance has been over £120k pa.
3. refer to scaffy 1980 above as a reliable example.

Finally welcome to the forum. You will get many other views on this and all will be correct for their unique setup.

Dear Scaffolding world,
for a recent economics school project I have been asked to come up with a buisness model for a firm (I have chosen a scaffolding firm) and just had a few enquiries about initial start up costs.

Firstly, for how long does scaffolding last before it has to be replaced?
It depends on where it is used and what it's used for.
secondly, is there any rough estimate as to how much insurance/health & safety costs would be?
Varies depending on turnover amount of employees, type of work etc.

Also, how many employees do you think would be needed to assemble scaffolding for an average two story house?
3 is the magic no. Half a day to a full day.

Any help would be much appriciated :smile1:

No problem.

thanks!

Thanks for the help.
does anyone also know any required health and safety qualifications of the employess (if there is such a thing), and if so whether there is a rough cost.

I apologise for the ignorance, but I am a complete novice

cheers

Our cisrs cards cover all our h+s regs. from on employers point you've got the the health and saftey at work act 1974. You must risk assesments and meathod statements for all work carried out. there is others but cant think at mo, perhaps the other lafs could help with the rest.

Top Bottom