(ASITO) Access and Scaffolding Industry Training Organisation (1 Viewer)

SF Admin

Administrator
Reaction score
ASITO is made up of representatives of the NASC, the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB), the Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme (CISRS), employee representatives from TGWU and UCATT and the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC). The aim of the Group is to develop training to meet the needs of the industry.

bachanders and blow the nasc commitee off

What are you going to bring to the table if you can get any of the power brokers to listen to you?

Hi paddy I just think that when someone is holding all the cards and have all the major players ears in the industry. consulting anyone outside the click is the last thing on there minds.

Hi paddy I just think that when someone is holding all the cards and have all the major players ears in the industry. consulting anyone outside the click is the last thing on there minds.

Totally agree mate, but why should it be that way mate? we are not feckin cretins or morons, we are Scaffolders that put the ££££££££££££ in their fat wallets. Give us some feckin credence. 'The right to be consulted'.:mad:

Could somebody post the minutes from the asito meeting. It's time everybody knew what is going to be happening within our industry.

we should have representative from our community go and put our feelings across.they are ******* idiots,they cant do a normal days work like us lot so they stick there beek in and make our life difficult by giving clueless ideas,and incompitent decisions.and they actually get paid for it pricks.

Just another talk shop and the usual suspects get their over inflated tax free expenses to attend.

yes brandy they all attending out of our taxes bout time the goverment became more accountable in the way our hard pressed taxes are are divided.

It would be good if we were all told about any changes within our industry,for as it stands the only ones who seem to get to know about any changes are the NASC members. the rest of us seem to have to pick the pieces from what is leaked out,I mean, how many members of this forum were told about double handrails when they came out as mandatory, or the new tie patterns etc. etc.
I think that it should be a mandatory duty for those who claim to have the best interest of our industry at heart to at the very least least tell each and every registered company (they are all available at companies house) about any change to working practices,if only for the very basic safety of all the scaffolders in the country.

Arent the HSE a government body supposed to do that, or is the tail wagging the dog.

You would think it was done by someone,but I doubt the HSE. It would make it harder for them to prosecute if we were all on a level playing field.

Scaffman do the HSE not publish a code of practise, the reason I ask is in Ireland the equivelant body HSA ( Health and Safety Authority )do and is available to all.

It would be good if we were all told about any changes within our industry,for as it stands the only ones who seem to get to know about any changes are the NASC members. the rest of us seem to have to pick the pieces from what is leaked out,I mean, how many members of this forum were told about double handrails when they came out as mandatory, or the new tie patterns etc. etc.
I think that it should be a mandatory duty for those who claim to have the best interest of our industry at heart to at the very least least tell each and every registered company (they are all available at companies house) about any change to working practices,if only for the very basic safety of all the scaffolders in the country.

Fcuk me when did double handrails become mandatory:laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is straying away from the fact that the minutes should be published.

Top Bottom