Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: (ASITO) Access and Scaffolding Industry Training Organisation

Thanks
    Thanked 5,871 Times in 4,178 Posts

Good luck with that Dennis but I foresee a long fight ahead with that one. Maybe try sending Ragscaff a PM who might be able to bring you up to speed on what efforts they are putting in.

Thanks

Is there any schemes that can help me pay for part1. Badly want to do it. Im in a job just now but company isn't putting boys through tickets? ?!

Thanks

It's been a few years and I've been plugging away but to no avail.

NASC, and CISRS are adamant that they will recognise no other scaffolder training other than their own and insist on anyone entering the system must start all over again at the bottom.

What this confirms is that a NASC training and a CISRS card are NOT legal requirements to erect and dismantle scaffolding in GB!
    Instead, the requirement reverts to a "competent person" as decided by the "employer" as part of their legal duties and responsibilities.

Where a specific qualification is a legal requirement, as in Ireland under the Construction Regulations 2013, Schedule 5, that qualification MUST be recognised by any other member state under the RPL Directive (see my previous post).
    The fact that NASC refuse to consider any kind of recognition of prior learning means that their courses, whilst very good, are not a legal requirement.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis For This Useful Post:

Urban monkey (26th June 2015)

Thanks

True Dennis, but try getting on site without a CISRS card its near on impossible.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,485 Times in 874 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    It's been a few years and I've been plugging away but to no avail.

NASC, and CISRS are adamant that they will recognise no other scaffolder training other than their own and insist on anyone entering the system must start all over again at the bottom.

What this confirms is that a NASC training and a CISRS card are NOT legal requirements to erect and dismantle scaffolding in GB!
    Instead, the requirement reverts to a "competent person" as decided by the "employer" as part of their legal duties and responsibilities.

Where a specific qualification is a legal requirement, as in Ireland under the Construction Regulations 2013, Schedule 5, that qualification MUST be recognised by any other member state under the RPL Directive (see my previous post).
    The fact that NASC refuse to consider any kind of recognition of prior learning means that their courses, whilst very good, are not a legal requirement.
    It's legalised racketeering, is what it is.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stonedrose1 For This Useful Post:

SWIFTY (12th July 2015), Urban monkey (12th July 2015)

Thanks

The scaffolding association is an up and coming alternative to NASC, you can check them out here;
    Scaffolding Association https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-S...93719634020466
    Last edited by skyhook; 18th July 2015 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Added link

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4