Are SGB/harsco still out there

purplehead

Reaction score
I used to work for SGB back in the day, but it saddens me to not see them not being around any more - are they still working as I have been in London since Jan and have not seen one job they have done/doing

I know harsco were running out of leeds last year. But i havn't seen or heard anything of them in the past year.

There's a harsco operating out of Southampton, don't know what contracts they've got.

Harsco lorry passed me on the m3 a few days ago fully loaded so must still be out there

I've only seen them using cuplock around here for a few years now.

any idea in london as just dont see see them around its a shame as there training, safety etc is/was second to none

Harsco have a big hanger on Guys hospital near London Bridge station. Don't know of any other London jobs they have. They closed all their London depots including the massive one at Lingfield that fed Gatwick. I think London work is run from yard/offices at Thurrock. It is a shame as I did three years on there getting my tickets and no other firm has come close for drawings, training or generally being a good firm

harsco have just done a t&f job on the old co-op building in london rd brighton.
its quite a big shore job,seems like they want to retain the original face of the building.
all brand new gear and all.

Still about I'm working for them in South Wales, using cuplock and t&f, herd there going through again.

there doing the incinarator at cannock and shrewsbury and oxford but not the boilers at oxford thats macob access all tube and fitting these jobs 80 men on for them at cannock

Harsco have a big hanger on Guys hospital near London Bridge station. Don't know of any other London jobs they have. They closed all their London depots including the massive one at Lingfield that fed Gatwick. I think London work is run from yard/offices at Thurrock. It is a shame as I did three years on there getting my tickets and no other firm has come close for drawings, training or generally being a good firm

Lingfield was set up to service the SGB Major Projects back in the 80's and 90's. Think it got shelved as a division years ago.
Many ex SGB people have gone on to great things elsewhere.
It was a great firm to be a subby for I don't know what working for them cards in was like.

still the top boys in Holland ex ssh,i know they are getting a wee bit bigger in the industrial side,they were a great company to work for ;)

Definetly still trading but Harsco Infrastructure. Using system scaffolding and won a few large jobs recently in the last few weeks up north

Top Bottom