Scaffold Supervisor for Rumaila Iraq

Hotspanner left us last year for a posting with petrofac in iraq after returning from algers....last time i heard from him he said the place was not for the faint hearted & he was always on the lookout with his personel protection but @ nearly £500 aday he was stayin for a while longer

mate iraqs a ******* ***** centre. be my guest those non military. go, earn all this beutyful overseas money and post all about it on here. 2 days later you will be the next bigly. yea every ones jmping for this one.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that Eye rack is a bit of a dangerous place, can't pin point where I heard that though.

It's generally not that bad, I travelled through northern Iraq on a motorcycle in April of last year and found the people to be really nice and friendly. That was north though and I understand that in the south, particularly around Basra, one must be a bit more careful, if you can get a pass to enter the area.

BTW, everyone slags out Iran, but the people there were the friendliest of the lot and were very keen to meet and talk with me, with endless people coming up and offering me fruit and water or soft drinks and that also included the border guards on the Iraqi border.

Don't believe all you hear and see in our famously 'un-influenced by government' media :)

I Agree With You About Our So Called Media Johnny, I Was In Syria About Five Years Ago And It Could Never Be The Same Country That The Media Covers, It Was A Beautiful Place And The People Were Just Some Of The Most Hospitable And Friendly I Have Ever Met, And There Are All Creeds And Kinds, Multi Faiths And Cultures.

I Agree With You About Our So Called Media Johnny, I Was In Syria About Five Years Ago And It Could Never Be The Same Country That The Media Covers, It Was A Beautiful Place And The People Were Just Some Of The Most Hospitable And Friendly I Have Ever Met, And There Are All Creeds And Kinds, Multi Faiths And Cultures.

Exactly my experience.
It's politicians and governments who often start these bloody arguments and get the media to pump the situation up for their own purposes.
I've travelled quite widely in my years and I've been to many apparently very 'sensitive' areas, all ones on the Foreign Office 'stay clear of' list and all I've ever found is that people worry about the same things that most of us worry about - how to earn a crust to put food on the table for their family, how to afford a roof over their head and how to educate their children.
One thing that I have found that is generally different to the UK and other westernised places, is that these 'poor' and 'dangerous' people are usually willing to help and share what ever they have and expect nothing in return. It is part of their culture to help others and be hospitable. A lot of so called 'educated' westerners could learn a lot from them in my opinion !

I Agree Totally Johnny, There Seems To Be Something Inherant In Western Culture Some Would Call It Greed Mate, To Tell The Truth Im Just About Pissed Off With The Money Grabbing Globalised Culture Of The So Called Developed World, Some Of The Best Places I Have Ever Been To Have Been So Called Third World, But I Have To Wonder Just Who Is The Underdeveloped Culture, Us Or Them?

It's generally not that bad, I travelled through northern Iraq on a motorcycle in April of last year and found the people to be really nice and friendly. That was north though and I understand that in the south, particularly around Basra, one must be a bit more careful, if you can get a pass to enter the area.

BTW, everyone slags out Iran, but the people there were the friendliest of the lot and were very keen to meet and talk with me, with endless people coming up and offering me fruit and water or soft drinks and that also included the border guards on the Iraqi border.

Don't believe all you hear and see in our famously 'un-influenced by government' media :)

Hey I like this comment. I'm 100 percent with you on this one :)

I Agree Totally Johnny, There Seems To Be Something Inherant In Western Culture Some Would Call It Greed Mate, To Tell The Truth Im Just About Pissed Off With The Money Grabbing Globalised Culture Of The So Called Developed World, Some Of The Best Places I Have Ever Been To Have Been So Called Third World, But I Have To Wonder Just Who Is The Underdeveloped Culture, Us Or Them?

Yes, spot on and the sooner more people realise this, the better.
Sadly I think that it will probably begin to happen the other way around and some, if not most of the people in these places will become more like us in the western society as they get a bit wealthier. It will never happen totally and won't change much in the time that I've got left on this planet, but eventually it will I think.
I'm working and living in a bit of 'real' China at the moment and you can see the beginnings of a change here now, one that has already enveloped Beijing, Shanghai and many other cities. Shame, but I think that they call it progress. For me, the sooner I can hit the road again and meet more 'ordinary' people, the better and one day maybe i'll retire to the mountains somewhere out of the way...........maybe...........

Scaffolding supervisor need in Rumela iraq

Hi,

Good Morning,

I am sending you my cv for the post of scaffolding supervisor. I have 12 years gulf experience. recently I did two scaffold courses for shell/south gas company in basra energy city.

Many Thanks

Haroon

haroon602@yahoo.com

Attachments

• HAROON_28-07-2013 (Scaffolding Supervisor).doc
    69 KB · Views: 28
Hi,

Good Morning,

I am sending you my cv for the post of scaffolding supervisor. I have 12 years gulf experience. recently I did two scaffold courses for shell/south gas company in basra energy city.

Many Thanks

Haroon

haroon602@yahoo.com

Good morning Haroon,

I am no recruitment expert but you may have more success sending your CV to Petrofac.
You can also send it via personal message to the forum members Kamran Khan Rajput and Ikram Dewali. They are always looking for good men.

fred who are Kamran Khan Rajput and Ikram Dewali cos cant find them on here mate

thanks , I am muslim . good or bad I don't know brother.

less of this sh.it talk! you bunch of fukin **** sucking arse ******* child killing *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is great britan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you dont like it **** off and kill your friends and family and leave mine alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you kamakazi **** *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

less of this sh.it talk! you bunch of fukin **** sucking arse ******* child killing *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is great britan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you dont like it **** off and kill your friends and family and leave mine alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you kamakazi **** *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Rob, the job is in Iraq!!!!

Top Bottom