site safety

numbnuts

Reaction score
we all know that we,(the scaffolder)has to jump through hoops to meet hse regs.we have to wear that much safety equipment,we can hardly do our job efficiently.why does everyone else that goes up on these scaffolds not have to wear a harness at least.the **** would hit the fan if the brickys,joiners,roofers etc etc etc,had to pay for the privalidge to wear them.and have to pay for the tickets for them themselves.

2 years ago we built a new polymerisation plant , all trades must wear a harness to actually go on complete scaffolds with 100 per cent tie off , i give working at height , harness training and suspension trauma inductions to all disciplines that enter our current project .

When you get to my age HSWT you dont need the HSE to tell you to stretch out before you start work .

I can just imagine, doing tai-chi outside the drying room before starting in the morning, followed by a spot of yoga, naturally, before a base plate is lain in earnest. :amazed:

Bollox to all Elf 'n' Safety tw@ts

How do you think that we managed to do this job before - without all the Red Tape Bullshyte???

Elf 'n'Safety (sounds like a comedy duo) have become greater than the industry that they are supposed to represent.

I am so glad that I was in this game when it was a job for men!....not tossers :nuts:

CharlieSpanner.gif

I can just imagine, doing tai-chi outside the drying room before starting in the morning, followed by a spot of yoga, naturally, before a base plate is lain in earnest. :amazed:

Thats exactly it stonedrose. The idea has been copied from the Koreans etc who have been doing it for years.
Hyundai did a hook up in the north sea years back and it was quite impressive to watch the tai chi done by the Koreans as we drunk our tea and smoked!!

Top Bottom