Pricing per sq meter

Hantsscaff

Reaction score
Hello fellas need a bit of advice starting up a small firm on my own done the rounds and got a few little bits to price up.
Been in the game 10 years but never priced or had anything to do with this side of things. Wondered if anyone could give me a few pointers.
Was thinking around £10-£12 a square meter on house fronts ect and £18 on the linar for brickies lifts?

Any advice highly appreciated.

Where abouts in hant r u & why square rather than linea ?

Hello fellas need a bit of advice starting up a small firm on my own done the rounds and got a few little bits to price up.
Been in the game 10 years but never priced or had anything to do with this side of things. Wondered if anyone could give me a few pointers.
Was thinking around £10-£12 a square meter on house fronts ect and £18 on the linar for brickies lifts?

Any advice highly appreciated.
Thing you have got the right idea but you will find some small firms out there doing house fronts for 120 upwards which is about 36 sq m.i have come across this loads of times

Your £18 a liner sounds fine but your square meter sounds well to high ,you would need to be £8.50 or less to stand a chance of winning work , like Gary says there are lads doing house fronts for nothing, as little as £3.30 a square meter

FFS, you would earn more stacking shelves.:eek:

Just had a roofer ask me to do a 3sider in Watford 120 miles round trip he useualy pays £500 I told him to poke it ,I then Asked how much he gets a front done for he said £200 then he said he pays£300 for A front and back the
Man must be mad

Its all over the place Gary , we got 3 sides to do on Friday , 100 foot round 3 lifts high ,half hour from the yard and will get £1750 for it i dont know why these lads are under cutting each other all they do is drive the prices down , they cant stay in business at them rates and go under anyway.

There is no way they are even attempting to do it right at that price, I would genuinely rather leave em to it as compete at that level.

There is no way they are even attempting to do it right at that price, I would genuinely rather leave em to it as compete at that level.
I would sooner play golf than do jobs at those prices ,we should all be. Driving the cost up ,you would think they wouldn't last that long but some dok

Thing is sometimes i think they go in so cheap 2get the work so they can then get regular work which means a regular income...same as builders goin in cheap 2win the work..its suvival no one likes undercutting but if they have little mouths 2feed...needs must i guess....these r just my thoughts on the thread...lots of builders just covering a day rate 4 themselves rather than actually making any money and it just has a knock on effect...

Rates don`t seem too far off the mark , obviously , depends very much on what the competition are charging.

I have won jobs @ £13 m2 recently and also been told that £8 m2 is way over the odds ...... feckin customers :D or is it feckin competition ?

Get a few of the local firms round and quote for front and back of your place ( obviously won`t work if you are well known locally as a scaff ) and see what the going rate is .

Last edited:
Would the £8-£10 m2 include every lift boarded or just top lift and what about debris netting?

Debris netting is always additional at upwards of £2.00/sqm.

You are not wrong aom ..... my sister works as a " stock replenishment engineer " for Tesco and her basic rate is £12.50p p/h , it is a night shift , but , with perks like staff discounts , 1st refusal on all sale & clearance items , 2 x time + 3 days in lieu for bank holiday shifts :eek: it`s not the worst job in the world by a long shot .

Top Bottom