Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rescue plan minimum

Thanks

Default rescue plan minimum

what is the minimum requirement for a rescue plan if someone fell and was hanging in harness is the emergancy services ok on its own or would you have to have gotcha kit aswell and be trained to use it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,287 Posts

Minimum is self rescue mate, have a read of the next rams you sign. You fall, your pals pull you up/ in
    Quote Originally Posted by joebag View Post
    Whos investigating it mike..

.is it columbo,

is it taggart or maybe a pi such as magnum....

tell you what make a call to the yanks and get em to fuk that plane search of and get there vast resources on it....

if carlsberg made pathetic cretinous kunts.......

Thanks

pull on to boards thats the minimum we use. then the rescue plan you have in place with your rams

Consultant Scaffolding Manager AG&P Philippines
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,986 Times in 3,747 Posts

The first response should be trauma straps and a first response rope. Leave the actual rescue to the experts. If the fallen man has a spinal injury dragging him onto the scaffold may cause more damage.

Thanks

im currently inducting 400 men with a supension trauma / intolerance , self rescue is the key when u can , or getting in to a sitting positon , with straps or improvisation , as have spanner said , spinal injuries are a big issue , when the average mans height the line and the shock absorber together comes in to work , u r looking around 4 m 70 fall , and that in itself is enough to cause spinal injury , u re body weight comes six times more , average of 6kn when u come under , a lot of pressure on the arteries , rescue plan in place and with emergency services on site ,
    its more likely that your mates will help u our site is 15 km by 11 km so time flies when ure hanging about , theres lots of info on the web many conflicting accounts , but the facts are there , we have all trades inducted in orthostatic intolerence and have our own rescue team .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thelayherking For This Useful Post:

Dandaps (15th May 2013)

southernpoofter Guest

The hse website has some good info on this but one thing stands out & that is you are not allowed to solely rely on the emergancy services for a resucue - any where that needs a harness needs a resue plan.yes the easiest methods & most frequent is self rescue. Then followed by a mechanical such as forklift or mwep & final trained rescue such as a gotcha kit or similar rope access resue equipment -all off which can be expensive to buy & train on....hse state that due to suspenstion trauma the rescue must be completed within 7 mins - THE HARNESS SUSPENTION STRAPS ARE AN AID NOT A RESCUE which will releave any posible symptons of trauma whilst awaiting or undergoing resue, but are of no use if the person is injured or unconscious - i think the easiest & cheepest method & what we have adopted is to use a inertia reel with handle,you simply wind them back up or down. Training is minimal & the equipment is cheep & easy to use especially if you have a turnover off staff....hope this info helps

Thanks

- i think the easiest & cheepest method & what we have adopted is to use a inertia reel with handle,you simply wind them back up or down. Training is minimal & the equipment is cheep & easy to use especially if you have a turnover off staff....hope this info helps[/QUOTE]

i am looking to getting 2 inertia reels any recommendation????
    Pressure makes diamonds

southernpoofter Guest

We use miller but theres loads available i think ridgegear do some good ones-try leeches for product knowleldge then google "rescue blockds"to get it cheeper is the best advice i could give you i'm afraid
    Last edited by southernpoofter; 15th May 2013 at 04:40 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to southernpoofter For This Useful Post:

Mitchells Scaffolding (15th May 2013)

Thanks

ZT

im going to try this out

Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havespannerwilltravel View Post
    The first response should be trauma straps and a first response rope. Leave the actual rescue to the experts. If the fallen man has a spinal injury dragging him onto the scaffold may cause more damage.
    i agree to a certain degree haverspanner response rope yes weve had the trainning. but to leave the poor sod hanging untill rescue turns up he could be dead the easiest way would be to be pull on to boards as 400 says i know certain companys dont board every lift but certain do as aom does. as for rescue exsperts how far do they have to come from also depens what sight your on my job will not just let the emergencey services on due to the high electricity level and they are not allowed access untill cleared by the relevent people they dont have the power as most jobs were they can just come on sight. lets be honnest how many scaffolders carry trauma straps and boards and are trainned whats a harness safety time now 20mins before your blood stops pumping. your lucky these days if theve got there tape and a wood saw
    harp stays sharpe to the bottom of the glass!! if you can remember that your old too

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast