Tablet PC's (1 Viewer)

phil181

Reaction score
I am looking at the possibility of getting the estimators/contract managers tablet PC's to help with external meetings and surveying jobs.

Have looked at the iPad but it will struggle to support AutoCad, which is a requirement.

No other real requirements other than a camera and the ability to support a Dropbox.

Anyone using this sort of kit at the moment who can give me a sensible suggestion on make/model?

I have an ipad and a kindle fire,the kindle is great and just the right size,but I don't know if it could handle autocad though,could you not put the autocad on an external hard drive?keep us informed how you get around this as I would like to utilise my tablets also:unsure:

I have an ipad and a kindle fire,the kindle is great and just the right size,but I don't know if it could handle autocad though,could you not put the autocad on an external hard drive?keep us informed how you get around this as I would like to utilise my tablets also:unsure:

There are several issues with the AutCad, not least the requirement to use a CAD dongle.

The kindle is a bit of a toy for what we require mate, I was thinking more along the lines of a samsung Envy x2 HP ENVY x2 11-g030ea with 2 year warranty - HP Store UK

With you now phil,though that looks like a laptop to me pal,but I am not the best with computers lol:unsure:

It's a tablet PC, so it a hybrid mate.

Look at the pics underneath the main photo.

It's a tablet PC, so it a hybrid mate.

Look at the pics underneath the main photo.

Looks a good bit of kit phil,i have a hp pavilion g6 and it's very good for posting on the SF,i do like hp's though:)

Can anyone apply for this job I am only interested in it if it gets me away from the not so technical scaffolding thanks please call me on +45 6895 542213

tech·ni·cal
[tek-ni-kuhl] Show IPA

adjective
belonging or pertaining to an art, science, or the like: technical skill.

peculiar to or characteristic of a particular art, science, profession, trade, etc.: technical details.

using terminology or treating subject matter in a manner peculiar to a particular field, as a writer or a book: a technical report.

skilled in or familiar in a practical way with a particular art, trade, etc., as a person.

of, pertaining to, or showing technique.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Scaffolding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Definition of advanced

adjective

far on or ahead in development

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Is this a job for a computer hardware technician? Now thats a bit more technical than banging some pipes and clamps together.

no matter how technical your hardware is it needs software which is were the money is

As long as Autocad is compatabile with android, the most common operating system for tablets, i can't see why you couldn't use a samsung galaxy. I've just bought a tab 2, great piece of kit. I was advised to stay away from the windows tablet as it looks a lot better than it performs. if you get the wifi only version, you should be able to tether your mobile to it, as long as you have a good data package on your phone for e-mailing drawings etc.

I hate apple with a passion, overpriced and deliberatly designed not to be compatible with anything else. Tablets are so powerful now, there's no reason to spend £ooo's of pounds on one. Both my tablet and phone are samsungs and I can't fault them!

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

There are several issues with the AutCad, not least the requirement to use a CAD dongle.

The kindle is a bit of a toy for what we require mate, I was thinking more along the lines of a samsung Envy x2 HP ENVY x2 11-g030ea with 2 year warranty - HP Store UK

why not just buy them a standard tablet and bluetooth keyboard, saving your self about £500 per unit?

I am looking at the possibility of getting the estimators/contract managers tablet PC's to help with external meetings and surveying jobs.

Have looked at the iPad but it will struggle to support AutoCad, which is a requirement.

No other real requirements other than a camera and the ability to support a Dropbox.

Anyone using this sort of kit at the moment who can give me a sensible suggestion on make/model?

Does it need to be a "tablet pc" with touch screen functionality or would a notebook suffice?

How did we ever manage before we had computers......????

Beforecomputers.jpg

In The Current market Samsung is blowing the competition away in almost everything from washing machines, TVs , Phones and PCs.

Apple is Fcuked without steve jobs , Not compatible with anything else and without steve no new ideas either , even the stock market is losing confidence in them .

Does autocad not have any recomendations for you

In The Current market Samsung is blowing the competition away in almost everything from washing machines, TVs , Phones and PCs.

Apple is Fcuked without steve jobs , Not compatible with anything else and without steve no new ideas either , even the stock market is losing confidence in them .

Does autocad not have any recomendations for you

CAD don't want to get involved really. They say that it is 'possible' to support autocad on an iPad, but it would require conversion software of some description and there would be no technical support.

We've got more laptops that I can shake a stick at. Looking for a tablet pc that can convert to a simple laptop if required - ie working on the train etc.

We will see in the long run, but Apple will still be the top choice for anybody who relies on a computer to make their living.

I don't understand why people get so upset with Apple? I know their products are expensive but people very rarely try a mac and then go back to using pc's.

A lot of statistics are peddled by fandroids to make it seem like the Apple empire is crumbling. A lot of them point to the fact that Apple now only has 18% market share in the global smartphone market, but they take 53% of the profits.

The loss of somebody like Steve Jobs will obviously have a massive affect on the company, but they still have huge number of talented people like Jonathan Ive.

P.S I hate it when somebody trolls a legitimate tablet pc thread!:toung:

Last edited:
We will see in the long run, but Apple will still be the top choice for anybody who relies on a computer to make their living.

I don't understand why people get so upset with Apple? I know their products are expensive but people very rarely try a mac and then go back to using pc's.

A lot of statistics are peddled by fandroids to make it seem like the Apple empire is crumbling. A lot of them point to the fact that Apple now only has 18% market share in the global smartphone market, but they take 53% of the profits.

The loss of somebody like Steve Jobs will obviously have a massive affect on the company, but they still have huge number of talented people like Jonathan Ive.

P.S I hate it when somebody trolls a legitimate tablet pc thread!:toung:

I, for one, applaud Apple in their quest for global domination.

In fact, I applaud anyone who uses their position to crush the competition with an iron fist.

Just as it should be.

Top Bottom