Tablet PC's

I wasnt saying Apple make bad PCs or Laptops ,They make very Good PCs and Laptops .

Its the Ipads, Iphones and Gadget stuff they gonna lose out on in future in my opinion .

Apple do not have a huge Enemy Base unlike Microsoft therefore very few Groups Attack Mac Software unlike microsoft who attract cyber attacks by the minute.

Like you say Admin very few people try Apple PCs an Laptops and go back to a windows based system.

Phil I have a very good friend who is a total Techno Geek , He works For ICI doing all there Tech Stuff I will ask his Advice Later and let you Know ok .

Most Apple Products need software conversions even just to watch things like youtube video,s .

Is it not possible to use cloud computing where you use internet based programs from the browser therefore powerful phones and tablets are less important

We will see in the long run, but Apple will still be the top choice for anybody who relies on a computer to make their living.

I don't understand why people get so upset with Apple? I know their products are expensive but people very rarely try a mac and then go back to using pc's.

A lot of statistics are peddled by fandroids to make it seem like the Apple empire is crumbling. A lot of them point to the fact that Apple now only has 18% market share in the global smartphone market, but they take 53% of the profits.

The loss of somebody like Steve Jobs will obviously have a massive affect on the company, but they still have huge number of talented people like Jonathan Ive.

P.S I hate it when somebody trolls a legitimate tablet pc thread!:toung:

The reason i don't like apple is that they are proud of the fact they make their products totally incompatible with anything else on the market - can you imagine any other manufacture doing that. Secondly, their products are overpriced for waht they are. In all comaprision tests the samsung tablets rates on a par, if not better than the Ipad, and the Ipad is £200 more expensive, hell the screen in an Ipad is actually made by Samsung.
The sony walkman kicks the arse of the ipod every day of the week for sound quality.

What Apple are very good at however, is marketing. They have managed to secure an almost cult like following amongst people with people buying it regardless of it being good, simply because it has apple written on it. There computers are very good, especially if you do a lot of design or music production, however they aren't worth the extra dosh, if like 95% of the population you use it simply for word processing, browsing the internet and playing angry birds!

The reason i don't like apple is that they are proud of the fact they make their products totally incompatible with anything else on the market - can you imagine any other manufacture doing that. Secondly, their products are overpriced for waht they are. In all comaprision tests the samsung tablets rates on a par, if not better than the Ipad, and the Ipad is £200 more expensive, hell the screen in an Ipad is actually made by Samsung.
The sony walkman kicks the arse of the ipod every day of the week for sound quality.

What Apple are very good at however, is marketing. They have managed to secure an almost cult like following amongst people with people buying it regardless of it being good, simply because it has apple written on it. There computers are very good, especially if you do a lot of design or music production, however they aren't worth the extra dosh, if like 95% of the population you use it simply for word processing, browsing the internet and playing angry birds!

In recent years, the number of Apple users has increased due to their products being seen as more fashionable and mainstream. Like you say, Apple's marketing is wonderful. The design of their packaging and layout of their stores are all carefully planned to create the premium product feel. However, that should not be used as a stick to beat them with.

Most people shouldn't need a laptop that costs more than £500, so that completely rules out Mac's anyway.

I hear the incompatibly argument again and again. Lets have some examples that actually cause problems. And we will discuss the reasons behind them.

Most tests simply compare specifications. Samsungs tablets and phones tend to win on screen size, ram, processor blah, blah, blah. They don't dish out many points for usability which iPad's win hands down. Not to mention the fact that app's are generally released on iOS first and are developed with iOS in mind.

What would the regional manager of a large part of a country use to post on the forum and check the football results?

Super-Computer.jpg

Congleton is a very exclusive part of Cheshire,teeming with premiership footballers and other top sports stars,part of the Cheshire set we call the golden triangle,and they usually don't quibble about scaffold prices;)

Not sure how accurate this is

The town of Congleton is broken up by the Congleton townspeople into seven main areas. These are Buglawton, otherwise known as "Bug Town"; the Bromley Farm estate, otherwise known as "Tin Town" due to the number of tin RSJs built there; Mossley, which is sometimes classed as the wealthier part of town; Hightown, which is located before Mosley between town and the train station; West Heath, which is a relatively new estate built in the late 1970s to the early 1980s; Lower Heath to the north of the town; and finally the town centre

Home to Ian Brightwell, Daniel Sturridge and some Burnley player.

I am looking at the possibility of getting the estimators/contract managers tablet PC's to help with external meetings and surveying jobs.

Have looked at the iPad but it will struggle to support AutoCad, which is a requirement.

No other real requirements other than a camera and the ability to support a Dropbox.

Anyone using this sort of kit at the moment who can give me a sensible suggestion on make/model?

Morning Phil
sorry a bit slow getting to your post. Do your guys need access to FULL AutoCAD whilst on site?
If they only need to lood at Dwg files et could they not use a viewer?
They are not as heavy as the full package most do not have a dongle and can be downloaded free
regards
Alan

Top Bottom