Big Ben titanium spanner (3 Viewers)

watkins

Reaction score
Are Big Ben spanners worth getting for the price? How long do they last?

Ive had a titanium spanner many moons ago & it cost shiit loads....g8 if u want a light spanner but tbh for me it was just too light to use, i prefer a much heavier spanner to knock the tube about wiv....if you get a leechs catalogue you can have the handle-box-& pin set to ur requirements

Re SP yeah alot of blokes won't use it because its light however I loved it and in my opinion well worth the £££

Don't bother with titanium, buy the alloy handle instead, it's cheaper and you'll never notice the difference... Leeches are over priced but the spanners are top notch

What ever you do don't get a plastic one!!! Big Albanian bloke brought one in says "look how light this is" then within the first 10 mins of the shift he breaks it... His face lol still one of the funniest things I've seen in scaffolding :laugh:

Cheers lads yeah Iv had an alloy one before and snapped. Does a titanium outlast a steel?

Alloy spanners will allways end up snapping - the material is not really fit for purpose, it's simply used as a cheaper alternative to Titanium but is much softer.

You will find that the titanium will wear against steel due to one being harder than the other

I've had an alloy handle for 8 years and its never snapped....mind you I've been in the office for 7 of them...

Alloy spanners will allways end up snapping - the material is not really fit for purpose, it's simply used as a cheaper alternative to Titanium but is much softer.

You can say that again!

According to my experience with spanner, Cr-V material is great, strong while durable, and its price is reasonable.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Titanium spanner is good quality spanner. Alloy spanners are cheaper.

Titanium spanner is good, while light weight, Alloy is also good, but not that good as Titinium, while it deponds on your working condition and torque requirement.

I have one but never use it for any scaffolding erecting or somewhere, then i gave it to friend as gift, h knows how long it can last, but no damage or rust found till now.

Top Bottom