TG1 - Update (1 Viewer)

scaffdar

Reaction score
I've been trying to buy TG1 for a while but the N.A.S.C website just keeps saying not available due to an update - I don't suppose anyone has a pdf of it do they? Any help I can give in return I will - Cheers

SG (safety guidance) - TG (Technical guidance) TG1 is about edge protection, at a meeting/ event arranged by the HSE in Barnsley a couple of weeks ago they were letting scaffold contractors know that edge protection should be designed or it can become a material breach of the WAH Regs 2005 and incur a fee for intervention (fine) from them. Ever seen a design on internal edge protection for roofers on a house bashing site? me neither, so look out ha ha - but now the principal contractors are asking for it, so I'm coming with some RAMS based on guidance until someone pushes the button for paying for designs on the clients/ PC's behalf. Hope that wasn't too much

No idea mate - I only got into this side of the job a couple of years ago - some of them have been updated and amalgamated with others, such as the topical TG20 now encompassing birdcages more thoroughly which was a previous separate document (TG2?)

Try BS EN 13374 European Directive adopted 2004 introduces 3 classifications

Also look up SG27: 09 sets a standard to work with T / F the key word here is Justify

Calcs are needed to Justify resistance ie fall against handrail,

I hope this helps.

Thanks Toppers, I've had 13374 for some time and SG 27 + 29, for what they're worth. The only conclusion they really bring is that fall protection should be designed or someone needs the ability to be able to prove their structures exceed the standard - (justify as you rightly put it). I'm just curious as to how poor the sales of TG1 one must have been for no-one on here to have it ;)

Top Bottom