Part 2 Looking For Contacts in Scotland

Westie

Reaction score
Alright fella's, been working on the street in edinbrugh and fife for over 10 years now, and have finally got round too get my part 2 this year so now it's time for a move.
I'm looking for contact details (numbers or e-mail address) for any of the big contracts in scotland ie mossmorran longannit sullom voe ect....

i already have my name in with cape at rosyth (missed out on 2 jobs for not having my part 2 :( ) and have registered with cape website and sent my cv to salamis

i am willing to work away, or tavel if need be

any help will be grately appriciated, contact here or email bwestie85@gmail.com

Ben

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

also keep hearing about alot of these jobs requiring safety passport, any info on best place to book and sit it in central scotland??

going to get booked asap

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

also keep hearing about alot of these jobs requiring safety passport, any info on best place to book and sit it in central scotland??

going to get booked asap

PMing Jason would be a good start.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Sorry Jase, the price of fame I'm afraid.

Pm Jason Gibbs quick!!!!!!!! Na good luck mate in your search hope it all works out for ya :)

Good idea Bobby. I have lost count of the PMs I get from guys wanting starts in exotic locations. I generally try and help with advice if I can or contacts where necessary. I only hope the same guys will offer me the same assistance when I slip down the ladder and am on the bones of me arse??

To the OP being handy with a kettle or leather chamois will add to your chances of getting a start with Jason.

Very good philosophy HSWT,I'm actually joking on my behalf a) starting on pukka job today b) anywhere past Watford is nose bleed country, but yeah we seem to on the same wave length,I myself get a few pms and have helped a good few members get a start, ( granted not got the experience or contacts that im guessing you have) but I've LOVE pointing ppl in the right direction or offering advise, I've personally have got a lot out of this forum and good advice from yourself and many other senior members, giving help is the best way of giving something back to the forum in my honest opinion,

just my 2 cents worth :)

I have considered nrl but also heard so many bad things about them, but I did hear that burnt island were taking on so I mught have to just bite the bullet and see how long I can get out of it!

Too what the other guys have said, I have noticed over the months that the guys on here always seem wiling too help which is why I posted, hopefully in years to come I will be able to return the favours!

Also I make a mean cuo of coffee but would rather was employed for my scaffolding skills ;)

Anyone got info on the safety passport? I tried to search the net but cant even find a price let alone a place near by that does it!

Cheers again...

nt sure where in edinburgh you can do i did mine place just of argyle st past central stn a buisness centre sorry cant mind name but try ecitb 01923 260000 its a no on my safe pasport card might be able to help you anyway its a doddle

For safety passport EDETA training in Edinburgh will sort you out that's where I done mine. 0131 454 4840 ul need a safety passport for mossmorran/Grangemouth an longannet. Good luck mate

Mettech in Grangemouth mate, £200

Mettech

As for nrl, am on methil for them just now, there taking on pretty much every week

Mettech in Grangemouth mate, £200

Mettech

As for nrl, am on methil for them just now, there taking on pretty much every week

Wots the rates an hours on methil Matty? My mates lookin for a start

Just under 15 an hour mate, 8 - 4.30 mon to thur, can work to 6.30 for nearly time an a half.
Finish at 1 on a fri, every Sunday is on and some Saturdays both 8 hour shifts paid at nearly double time.
If you mate stays over 50 mile he'll get paid £24 per day travel and paid through umbrella so you can claim back expenses

35 a day digs if over 50 miles manning up more at methil rather than Burnt Island, jacket is about to start at Methil will be wanting another 17 gangs or so as much yellow peril as you can handle best get a good hammer. Topside due to go outside on the 25th of May so the job is ramping up

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Pay talks ongoing apparently the lads are after £16 a hour same as the two other rig yards still going???

35 a day if your over 90 mile, 24 if your over 50, as for the 16 an hour there no chance of that, the shop stewards a dumpling

And if your wanting in you best know someone already in there, if not dont think you've got much chance

Top Bottom