Dear, oh dear (1 Viewer)

Rigger, I fail to see where jealousy comes into the equation, i've been a supervisor and admit i didn't like the job, I also congratulate J.G on getting the position.
My dissatisfaction is with his attitude and methods while in the job, hiding round corners trying to catch men out, running to the manager if someone disagrees with him or even speaks a differing opinion
The guy has worked up to advanced and supervision in only 10 years or so, great, we need more gaffers that have been on the tools, but either he's becoming a t**t or someone has filled his head with the idea that giving out warnings or sackings get u respect and gets the job done.
My opinion

I thought he was on for sainsburys doing there home delivery, as they were after staff with PTS, who could also pick up big lumps.

Are you on his job tinheads? Wouldn't fancy working up there.
Ye, although i'm probably a bad apple lmao, I did say he can seem like he's a nice enough guy, makes sure all have the tools they need, PPE etc. Just a pity about the rest of the time, and before anyone brings up sour grapes, no I haven't been pulled for my times/smoking/attitude

It's a thankless task,you'll always get a couple of guys who are set in defying your authority,unfortunately you just cant be nice with a lot of people because they'll just take a lend of you,start of as you mean to go on,the very least the gaffers up there will exspect is that supervision can control the guy's,if you cant,then who do you think gets fecked off,common sense really,its easy to have an unruly squad but you'll mostly find that most are descent blokes and it'll be the odd one or two who disrupt everyone else,identify these and get them to feck and your job suddenly gets a whole lot easier,crack on jase.....................

You couldn't handle it mate, there's no digs allowance !!

Not falling out with you tinheads, but most scaffs resent a man that takes on a management post

Jason Gibbs in my opinion is somewhat of a weird case in many respects, especially in his desire to post his every thought on the internet

You do get an element on any big job that are lazy skiving cants, they do spoil it for the hard working guys and also keep other guys that are willing to graft on the dole.

Jason may have been set up, to sack a few of the dead wood Then to be sacked himself for causing too much disruption on the job. This is the way of management

Lastly the Scots do not like an English man calling them to task, in their own neck of the UK.I know I was that man.

thankless task yes
but bumming yerself up about having to dish out warnings
this is the same jason gibbs who slagged off every gaffer going and never shut up about the way gaffers treat men
if my memory serves me he slaughtered and swore never to work for cape after the algeria saga
hes made himself look a real yin if you ask me,and by the sounds of it hes getting a using ;)

Decent debate again lads,differing views!
Im sure JG coated brown noses on here.Ahh well,wot goes round comes round:smile1:

Not falling out with you tinheads, but most scaffs resent a man that takes on a management post

Jason Gibbs in my opinion is somewhat of a weird case in many respects, especially in his desire to post his every thought on the internet

You do get an element on any big job that are lazy skiving cants, they do spoil it for the hard working guys and also keep other guys that are willing to graft on the dole.

Jason may have been set up, to sack a few of the dead wood Then to be sacked himself for causing too much disruption on the job. This is the way of management

Lastly the Scots do not like an English man calling them to task, in their own neck of the UK.I know I was that man.

One experience does not describe a nation Rigger. The truth is no man likes to be taken to task regardless of geography. ;)

I'd be around the smoking shed too, it's a long time to go without a fag. Good boy Jason you're learning.

Most of my finest managerial decisions have been made from the comfort of a smoking shed. If you read TG20:08 properly it states that a design drawing is needed for a smoking shed and that the recommended spacing is no more than 30 metres apart.
I for one applaud JG for his promotion and also applaud the Cape vision in sending another Edward Longshanks to the region to keep the troublesome Scots in check.;);)

Personally would not employ smokers, they use it as an excuse to skive (English or Scottish, I'm not racist)

Last edited:

JG has just done his job and read the riot act to unconscientious employees who would rather toss it off in the smoking shed than be out on the park cracking on and earning the company money. Plus he is showing concern for their health and well being by limiting the number of fags they smoke.
On Gas plant projects in Australia all lighters, matches and ignition sources are banned. The smoking shelters are equipped with electronic lighters which operate on a time schedule. This means employees can only smoke at the allotted break times. Maybe JG will introduce this at St Fergus?
In Australia I managed by cunning and ingenuity to obtain a key that overode the lighter timings meaning I could quite happily smoke away to my hearts content. Anyone who aspires to management needs to acquire these skills. Incidentally I soon became the most popular guy on the project!!

Its a schoolboy error to discuss your present work and fellow employees on a social internet site like Facebook. if you must then do so under a cloak of anonimity. If you slag fellow employees on the internet you are asking for the sack or a good hiding.
Far play to the guy for moving upwards but never forget where you came from.

Top Bottom