Some interesting views

nice one ragscaff bet you dont get much of a reply tho

I just wonder what nasc will say ,, I would expect them trying to have it not reconised within the industry as it is not making them any cash for a change. If we get the HSE backing then that should get them to jump a bit.
Could do with some union backing aswell from UCATT and UNITE so we can fight cisrs's and ecitb scaffs corners......
so members get into your union's ribs as YOU pay their wages.....

i know that when some sports governing bodies change they ask the coaches to do a refresher course but this is usually free and with no exams, basically they want you to up your knowledge of how they want it to be run under them. Maybe this is the way forward - yes we will accept the ECITB cards as long as you book yourself onto a CISRS course within the next 6 - 12 months?

Or maybe im just waffling **** like my labourer who always overrules me!!!:suspicious:

no lots of unemployed scaffs this end that have had grand out dole and doin tickets or pts , we have took 2 truck drivers on thru this scheme

sabretiger on here has just got his grants of dole , have a word with him

Hey guys!!!!

Scaffy you may owe me a pint:bigsmile:

I have had a reply from the NASC already views needed!!

"Dear Mr Quinney
Could you let me know who you are dealing with in HSE, what the agenda and aim of the meeting will be and a date, time and location, if I am available I will hopefully attend, dependent on diary commitments.

We have been in negotiations with both the ECI and the Unions in relation to ECI Skills Database cards, for over 10 years, we have never put any agreement in place re the acceptance of ECI skills cards. Although I do not doubt many of the ECI skills cards holders are very experienced scaffolders, I did hold the card myself and know several very good scaffolders who held these cards, however that card is issued based upon experience and employer endorsement only, as opposed to the CISRS scheme which is based upon formal training, experience and assessment.

All ECI cardholders were written to by the ECI informing them that they would have to obtain CISRS cards by the end of this year and that they would require training. The unions sent out further correspondence requesting responses from card holders who did not already hold a CISRS card and were opposed to carrying out training, the response was very poor, less than 100. It was felt that the vast majority of existing ECI card holders had now undertaken the CISRS training and obtained their CISRS card.

We have not had a Grandfather rights route to a CISRS card for over 25 years, we did have an Assessed Route of Entry course in place for over 10 years 1996-2006, for experienced scaffolders however this was withdrawn following the introduction of the WAH Regs 2005, which stated competence for Scaffolder must include specific formal training which is opposed to an assessment only route.

If you can provide me with the further information as requested, I will respond accordingly.

Regards
Dave Mosley
CISRS"

Ragscaff

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Two in one day!!!!!!!!!!!1

"Hi Stewart,

Thanks for the email and I’m sorry that my previous email didn’t get through.

In summary, we would be pleased to offer professional health and safety support to the scaffolder’s forum. In return for unlimited advice and regular updates from our ebulletin service for our retained clients, we would ask you to consider an advert on your website. Also if we were required to attend meetings or present to members we’d ask for you to cover any travel expenses.

I have attached some company information and my biography for your consideration. We employ 22 consultants/inspectors and instructors and operate throughout the scaffolding industry (construction, town, industrial and offshore) in the UK and overseas. We are involved as consultants with HSE, NASC and CISRS and like to think we’re at the leading edge (excuse the pun!) of all health, safety and technical issues affecting our trade.

With regards to this new forum, we’ll need further information and terms of reference etc. but I’m sure our input would be beneficial directly or via the Forum.

If you’d like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me. You may also like to check out our website SCAFFOLDING CONSULTANTS | SCAFFOLD DESIGN | SCAFFOLDING TRAINING | SCAFFOLDING EXPERTS

Kind Regards,

Simon "

Ragscaff

E-mail sent back to simon hughes

"Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply.

I will See what we can do in relation to the Forum & having a page. But as for paying for meeting not happening.

I am self employed all my time is for free. That is the main thing about the SCCR. If you wish to attend any future meetings then that would be at your cost.

We might even ask you to sponsor a meeting if you advertise on the forum!!

Regards S.Quinney
Ragscaff
SCCR"

Ragscaff

E-mail sent back to simon hughes

"Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply.

I will See what we can do in relation to the Forum & having a page. But as for paying for meeting not happening.

I am self employed all my time is for free. That is the main thing about the SCCR. If you wish to attend any future meetings then that would be at your cost.

We might even ask you to sponsor a meeting if you advertise on the forum!!

Regards S.Quinney
Ragscaff
SCCR"

Ragscaff
There are plenty of H&S people and very well informed scaffolders, managers, trainers on here that give free advice every day via their threads, I am amazed by the amount of info that you can get for free with a friendly smiley at the end. I learn something new everyday by just reading what others have to say or listening to their experiences. You can get free e-bullitins from the HSE every other day, don't sell out to this lot Rag scaff people are starting to listen to us now, they wouldn't be intrested if they couldn't get something out of it.

top suggestion ragscaff , await the reply

Regards Simon Hughes. He is the authour of the SG guidance do you not feel having free access to him would not be an advantage. Especially as the HSE quote

" Good news about setting up an area on the forum site and I've had clearance for you to say that it is 'supported by the Health and Safety Executive'."

Food for thought, I think we should move forward with this & if they wish to advatise then they should sponsor our next meeting in October so more of us could attend!!

Look forward to your comments!!

Ragscaff

Just copied this from one of Siomn Hughes promotion leaflets.

"An active member of the National Access and Scaffolding Confederation’s (NASC) Safety Committee since 1997 and has been involved in the production and development of many industry guidance notes, Safety Guidance number 4 (SG4) ‘Preventing falls in scaffolding and falsework’, of which the NASC has sold over 130,000 copies. SG4 is endorsed by the HSE and is now recognised as the authoritative guidance throughout the construction industry. He also represents the Scaffolding Industry (via the NASC) on the Health and Safety Executive’s Construction Industry Advisory Committee (CONIAC) safety groups committee."

The SG series was suppossed to help the industry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sold 130,000 copies & they can't provide training for qualified scaffolders with ECITB tickets!!

Will expect an answer from him this week.

Rip off!!!

Ragscaff

Havn't changed my mind about the above post yet!!:eek::eek:

I think this guy simon would be an asset to the scaffolders forum even though I have seen him slagged on other posts. If he is at the cutting edge of guidance then I feel it would assist more people on here than hinder. It sounds like he also has the ear of the Hse.

Top Bottom