Who are you with? (2 Viewers)

Must be, it would be ****** out of its arse after a year though.

I've thought about getting one, just for a put one up take one down day. I cant see how you can run a bussiness from one. I know a few companys do it.

Out of intrest, how do you guys run on a 3.5 ton? You can only get about a front on them things.
I have 7.5 tons and 3.5 tons mainly for boards and small jobs ie fronts towers . It all so comes in handy for my golf clubs

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Avila are still the best any driver protected NBC rac recovery legal cost £909

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

I have had one on a weighbridge with a front on and it's jus legal

I have 7.5 tons and 3.5 tons mainly for boards and small jobs ie fronts towers . It all so comes in handy for my golf clubs

Is it worth bothering with a 3.5 ton? If it costs you so much on insurance. How many do you have, it sounds like you have a fleet.

I have one 7.5 ton and one 3.5 ton your right you can't get much on eather but with the two at least you can get a 3 sider with out being over weight plus any one can drive 3.5ton.i think some scaff firms have 3.5 tons becouse they haven't got a licence to drive 7.5 ton lorrys.not every one can aford to employ a driver

We're just about to take the sponsorship slot for the insurance forum. We are very competitive on all aspects of Insurance for Scaffolders. Feel free to give me a call on 02380 206899 or email me on david.hand@oneinsurancesolution.com. Sounds like you've had a bit of a rough time with your current broker, so hopefully we can do a better job.

We're just about to take the sponsorship slot for the insurance forum. We are very competitive on all aspects of Insurance for Scaffolders. Feel free to give me a call on 02380 206899 or email me on david.hand@oneinsurancesolution.com. Sounds like you've had a bit of a rough time with your current broker, so hopefully we can do a better job.
Did you get my insurance details thanks gary

The results are in and we are now paying 7K for 7 employee's. Got it reduced a bit but it's the way they work out their premiums that annoy me, it has nothing to do with risk or history and all to do with ability to pay. Aviva are still the cheapest with most others approaching the 10K mark and others bursting it. They tell me it's based on my turn over, the perceived high risk as we don't want a height limit and we work in substations, bridges and over water. A top tip from Aom for cheaper insurance would be, tell the c@nts you are only doing street jobs 4 lifts high and pilfer as much cash as possible in the sky rocket to keep the TO down and you are onto a right winner.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Oh aye, forgot to mention we will now be getting another audit from them as well that I also need to pay for. I wonder if they will send someone who knows what a toe board is this time?

Aom - we did email and try and call you to have a chat and see what we can do. too late now.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

I'll be interested in your findings AOM, mine Runs out in May we paid £8200 last year for 4 employees, only thing we add is ships.

Same comment to you Proscaff. oneinsurance are the sponsors so give them a try first. if they fail give us a shout.
15 years doing roofing and scaffolding insurance should help me a little bit.....

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

The results are in and we are now paying 7K for 7 employee's. Got it reduced a bit but it's the way they work out their premiums that annoy me, it has nothing to do with risk or history and all to do with ability to pay. Aviva are still the cheapest with most others approaching the 10K mark and others bursting it. They tell me it's based on my turn over, the perceived high risk as we don't want a height limit and we work in substations, bridges and over water. A top tip from Aom for cheaper insurance would be, tell the c@nts you are only doing street jobs 4 lifts high and pilfer as much cash as possible in the sky rocket to keep the TO down and you are onto a right winner.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Oh aye, forgot to mention we will now be getting another audit from them as well that I also need to pay for. I wonder if they will send someone who knows what a toe board is this time?

sorry only saw the last bit - Aviva policies are subject to survey but survey is included in the cost. they should not be charging extra for this. did the Aviva policy include Low claims rebate, Professional Indemnity and Financial Loss coverage?

First I have heard of a low claims rebate. Sorry I missed you but things have been very hectic here and not been on much, you should have got me on the phone or email though. If there is such a thing as low claim rebate I should do Ok as 13 years trading with no claims must mean something. Maybe next year, I wasn't overly impressed this year.

Last time i got a quote for insuring actual scaffolding it was £10,000 for every £50,000's worth per year. As you can imagine i told them no thanks.

We are insured for theft from within the shed and up to so much for theft for gear lying in the yard. When it is on site you have to get the client to cover you against losses in your T&C's. It cost me nowhere near that.

would be interesting to see what morgan law thinks, maybe its due to our area

Top Bottom