Safety Footwear (1 Viewer)

craig660

Reaction score
Afternoon,

Have got a few of the lads complaining that there safety footwear is to big and bulky.

Whats everyone using on here ? any recommendations ?

cheers

I try and order the men the right sized safety footwear for their feet. This proved difficult in Australia as many did not know their shoe size.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Great link BF. Cheap too. A decent pair of boots will cost best part of a ton here.
I like these ones should have been about in the 80's:D, Might order a pair and pick them up when I am in the UK this summer.

http://www.engelbert-strauss.co.uk/...afety_shoes_Nathan-1100880-80495-292-587.html

Last edited:
Go with timberland pros yes they are expensive but they will last a lot longer than caterpillar/dewalt boots for example therefore might workout cheaper in the long run mate

Cheers for replies

a few have been saying they cant feel the rungs of the ladders, They are to big and heavy when working on the roof etc

I want to buy a load in that all will like and be comfortable in

I use red wood boots oxo blood type with mid sole protection and very light to wear.

These ones kentjohn? Where are the suppliers in the UK?

Redwood boots - TheFind

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Cheers for replies

a few have been saying they cant feel the rungs of the ladders, They are to big and heavy when working on the roof etc

I want to buy a load in that all will like and be comfortable in

Very difficult to please all if they are British scaffolders mate. Better off give them a budget and tell them what they buy must last a year or they have to buy their own replacements.

HSWT got my red wood oxo blood type with mid sole protection boots from Bam and there greenhams catalogued .

I Used To Wear Caterpillar Sheffield Boots, Got A Pair That Within Ten Days Had Me Off My Feet, Totally Hopeless, So Now I Wear De Walt Explorer, Comfy Enough When Your Wearing Them All Day.

I Used To Wear Caterpillar Sheffield Boots, Got A Pair That Within Ten Days Had Me Off My Feet, Totally Hopeless, So Now I Wear De Walt Explorer, Comfy Enough When Your Wearing Them All Day.

Do they have the midsole I know the apprentice ones don't ? Yeah I'm wearing cats at the mo not really comfy, smashed to fook agree with you there mate

Bobby, The Explorer Does Have The Steel Midsole. My Feet Were Mangled In Caterpillars.I Was Having Real Problems Walking. It Was A Ruddy Nightmare.

Bobby, The Explorer Does Have The Steel Midsole. My Feet Were Mangled In Caterpillars.I Was Having Real Problems Walking. It Was A Ruddy Nightmare.

Yeah I know exactly what u mean mate I left one of my pros on another job (doh!) so using my old cats the foot is too narrow and i have even put an extra sole in it from old trainers to make them more comfy think ill have to upgrade the pair I've seen are the new timberland pro Ibiza there called look perfect (trendy too) lol sorry cant supply link don't know how to from iPhone tut

I wear Rig boots with hooks all round the top so I can carry extra fittings up ladders,can never do enough for a good guvner.

Yeah I know exactly what u mean mate I left one of my pros on another job (doh!) so using my old cats the foot is too narrow and i have even put an extra sole in it from old trainers to make them more comfy think ill have to upgrade the pair I've seen are the new timberland pro Ibiza there called look perfect (trendy too) lol sorry cant supply link don't know how to from iPhone tut

Timberland PRO

Boots

2 clear options on boots guys.

Option 1,Lightweight with a clear defined heel will give you wearer comfort, allow you to feel rungs on ladders and also reduce sweating whist increasing flexibility.
Option 2 would be seething lie a cat supremacey or himylayn gravity2. Hesse are both high leg boots and can in some cases cause restriction on movement. This is dependant on the individual. This style of footwear will last a long time and keep you safe, warm and will give you excellent tread and grip.
These are top end footwear made to last. Option 1 footwear have a much shorter life span due to the compound of the sole being soft.
Food or thought.

I've just ordered a new pair of scruffs halo safty trainers. This my second pair their just like wearing trainers, light and comfy. no aching feet after 10-12 hrs work.. worth a try for 30-40 quid.

I wear timberland, I had my last pair for a full 2 years got my second pair on now, very comfortable and light,paid less than a ton :)

uvex quattro 80 quid to buy but you can get them off ebay for around 30-40.best boots you can buy fella

Top Bottom