this will cause rows!! but i hope no offence?? (1 Viewer)

After reading several diffrent threads and other scaffolders opinions which i respect. wot makes advanced scaffolders think they are any better at thier job than a basic part 2??? I know many scaffolders without tickets who could put 2shame many an advanced scaff who has come out of a power station..they could make them look silly on the street or site yet advanced scaffs on here feel they deserve more credit than basics...not all of u but the majority...id love 2c some powerstation boys wiv so called advanced tickets on price?? struggle..would spring 2mind lol..no offence lol

you dirty low life dirty little trouble maker part1 part 2 advanced there all horrible little no it alls no offence taken thou jplewis:laugh: good thread thou:laugh:

You can think what you like .
Its all down to who gets the job and what your willing to put up with. All the "im better than you" crap, is just talk ..
If your not good enough you will be found out. Companies will only carry so long with deadwood. The deadwood will be culled in this economic climate.

The best of the scaffolders, the ones who are actually very good are the ones who dont spout off ... " i'm better than you are" they just let their tools do the talking. :p

street scaffolders will always have the SLIGHT edge on the powerstation worker said SLIGHT cause we cant big them up to much. as there dead lines are tighter tickets dont make scaffolders thats 100% but will say something where the street scaffolder works to 1pm weekends and bankholidays for there rate of paye. the scaffolder in the powerstation will be earning treble time today so it dont mater what ticket you have it depens what job your on

The only thing that counts is the pennies in the bank.. If your happy with your lot then be happy.
To me it sounds like the OP is not happy and needs to do something about his position and not think he is above anyone else . Because in this life we all start with the same cards..... It just depends on how you play them to progress in the game. You choose how you play it ... You acceptwhere you are or do something about it .....

That's true, the only problem comes when you play your cards and some **** comes along with a fifth ace and says you need more training!

I'm the old ecitb plus now advanced cisrs I take it your on the street most of the time to write a comment like that. Some advanced scaffs on here have so many years experience they do have to be respected as price work is not just about hard graft which makes me laff I'm more power stations now than street work but to earn price you have to be quick in which case experienced and most of all confident. When you stuck in a boiler all day on 12 hrs sweeting dehydrating going like a bat out of hell to get it up in time most street lads won't have a clue so yes cisrs let some ***** in but don't tar us all with the same brush as no matter were you work scaffolding is scaffoling and no mater what it's allways going to be a hard job !!!

I'm the old ecitb plus now advanced cisrs I take it your on the street most of the time to write a comment like that. Some advanced scaffs on here have so many years experience they do have to be respected as price work is not just about hard graft which makes me laff I'm more power stations now than street work but to earn price you have to be quick in which case experienced and most of all confident. When you stuck in a boiler all day on 12 hrs sweeting dehydrating going like a bat out of hell to get it up in time most street lads won't have a clue so yes cisrs let some ***** in but don't tar us all with the same brush as no matter were you work scaffolding is scaffoling and no mater what it's allways going to be a hard job !!!

That's that said! With no mincing of words either.....well said midge....:bigsmile:

Good post Midge.
Frankly 98% of street scaffolders wouldnt know the difference between a boiler, a spud can or a christmas tree and wouldnt be able to scaffold any of them.
They are alright for banging up system on the street or housing site and the most technical thing they come across is the odd gable end or haki staircase.Best leave the technical stuff for the industrial and offshore experts.
The CISRS and the myriad of training schools are planning to introduce a new course in early 2015. It will be called the CISRS Advanced Advanced Expert Scaffolders Card and will be available to power station, offshore and refinery workers for around 5,000 quid.

Top Bottom