Hse fine livepool scaffolder

1969scaff

Reaction score
Hse fine Liverpool scaffolder.

This was in the local paper the other day,those of a nervous disposition turn away now!!!: A 30 year old Liverpool advanced scaffolder has been fined what is thought to be a record amount by the HSE relating to breaking new Health and safety rules.The offenses are as follows. Using a left handed scaffolding spanner when he was clearly right handed. The HSE inspector said .It was an accident waiting to happen.The scaffolder was fined £3000.00 and ordered to retake all his cards.The scaffolders plea that he thought all spanners where the same was rejected.He was also fined for using a stabila look a like level.These fakes are ruining the industry said the HSE.He was fined £1000.00 and ordered to buy a Brands tools catologue.He was further fined for wearing a scratched safety hat that had the words"SCOWSE SUPA SCAF.on the back.This was not only racist and inflammatory said the HSE but the worse spelling he had ever seen.The scaffolder plea he knew nothing about it"someone must have done it while I was tying a swivel off"was rejected .He was fined £1000.00 and orderd to re sit his English O level.The scaffolder was also fined for not wearing matching trackie bottoms and top.The HSE said both where different colors ,one light grey the other black.The scaffolder claimed he thought they where the same colour and after wearing them for 4 years said no one had noticed.He was fined £1000.00 ordered to take an eye test and wash the trackie.He was fined again when the HSE noticed his safety boots."I was shocked"said the HSE."One lace was visibly shorter than the other and the tread on the sole was worn."If they where tryes on a car they would have been under the legal limit.The scaffolder was fined £1000.00 banned from driving and ordered to retake his driving test.His plea that the lace had broke and he didn't drive where ignored.To make things worse when he was being cautioned by the HSE The scaffolder was heard to say something to two females passing."As one of the females was only about ten,I had no choice but to call the Police"The scaffolder was cautioned and fined £1000.00for indecency and orderd to sign the Sex Offenders Register .His plea that it was his wife and daughter he was talking to was rejected.As these where On-the-spot fines and for some reason he didn't have over £8,000 on him the HSE ordered him to be towed away,£180.00 to a secure compound £75.00per day,until the fine was payed.His wife is now selling the house herself,the kids ,a kidney.To try and raise the fines.The irony of this is the scaffolder only asked the HSE inspector who was off that day,where the nearest Mackies was.Proved to be a very expensive Big Mack indeed.A spokesmen for the HSE said" These fines may seem petty and severe,but these iron monkeys have got to realise that they are not just trying to earn a living in the hardest job in construction but they are now a viable source of income for the HSE.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Last edited:
They should have thrown the book at him
weve all done it but we know the rules,good post lets hope it saves some other scaff a few quid and their house ;)

come on now.. the biggest joke here is a scouser was WORKING....

I just assumed it was a typo.:laugh:

I for one applaud the hse for taking the hard stance against trackie wearing scaffolders, for far too long has this been ignored.

Serves him right for being a Scouser, but i thought that the towing away was out of order, surely being a Scouser it was better to send him straight to the crusher :)

Top Bottom