Corillian 120 day payment terms (1 Viewer)

You'd be nuts to want to work for them,they need to be charged at least double:evil:

They can shove that where the sun dont shine, 4 months :eek:

we have never worked for them but bloody hell
how can that be good
i thought they had signed up to a gov promise on payment terms

it goes to show that the big boys dont give 2 hoots about those they stand on to keep their name on the leader board and the gov can get a paper signed but it is just that paper to be shredded when convenient

Last edited:
I wouldnt do there work at any price BF , i dont know many firms that could deal with that sort of cash flow and risk of not getting paid after 4 months

I wouldnt do there work at any price BF , i dont know many firms that could deal with that sort of cash flow and risk of not getting paid after 4 months

I've done bits phill,believe me you wouldn't want the grief,their another one of them outfits that supposedly only use nasc reg firms,until it suits them not to use a nasc firm:suspicious:

No good for small firms. I have worked for some big firms over the years and although always paying the men on time they are quite content to let suppliers wait a lot longer than 120 days for payment!!

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

See they owe trade creditors 1.6 billion

There is a lot to be said for staying small and earning a good living , most my customers pay 30 days max , and a good few will always sort you out quicker if your stuck.
Had one last week where the builder paid me before we even layed a base plate :D

There is a lot to be said for staying small and earning a good living , most my customers pay 30 days max , and a good few will always sort you out quicker if your stuck.
Had one last week where the builder paid me before we even layed a base plate :D

Same here,i'm trying not to touch the big boys as their the ones that feck your cashflow right up,most of the baddies have gone bust in recent years,just done a small outage on a power station and the same firm are starting a new build with five years work from this summer,i'd like to just do the electrical and mechanicals but it's all or nothing,i done the newbuild on the one that we've just done the outage on so they know and trust us but this one is five times the size so i'm dithering on whether to go for it or not lol,of course i'd have to win the job first but a job like that is all consuming unless your one of the big boys:cool:

Your right BF , trouble is all your eggs in one basket is ok if the firm are solid financially and pay you when they say they will.
We do work for a big company and if their cheque dont come within a couple of days of expected date i email them and tell them that until their account is brought up to date we will not attend site including all 7 day inspections.
It seems to work

I'm also getting less tolerant of all the stupid bullsh*t that comes with these jobs,i just want a stress free life lol,fat chance:huh:

I Couldnt Agree More Bf, Thats The Reason Iv Just Stayed Small, The Amount Of Petty Crap That Comes With Working For The Big Firms Just Isnt Worth The Grief, You Have Already Cut The Job To The Bone To Get It, They Then Try To Squeeze Every Penny Out Of You Contract Wise, Then Not Pay You For Four Months, Sod That.

120 days credit! I Bet they are not working to those terms with their clients. As an industry we should decline any contract of greater than 45 days maximum terms. But there will allways be some mug that takes on their work for turnover.

It will be interesting to see who signs up for that and how they manage it on the bigger stuff. Will also be interesting to see if it leads to further trouble for Carillion.

Carillion have been on Pro Forma with us for a long time as we operate on 30 days.It always gives me great pleasure when we have their test equipment and they are begging for it back. Sorry you pay you get!! 120 days is a nonsense that no business can operate.Try going to Sainsburys taking the goods and telling the checkout person we will pay you in 120 days!!!!

That is the way to deal with them for sure. I may have went a bit far last week with one customer but that's what they get when they won't pay.

When they was tarmac they was ****
Mowlem sir alfred mc alpine swalliwed up and still ****

Top Bottom